1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What? Nothing about McChrystal yet?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess there is now.

Frankly, he was a time bomb waiting to go off. The Pat Tilman cover-up, along with other items in his past, were testimonies to what type of character he actually has.

Granted, the article never indicates that he said anything derogatory about the President; but he allowed it to be said, and the article doesn't indicate that he made any gestures to stop it.

Further, he did say things about the Vice President.

Folks, the man is guilty of violating Article 88 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. If a junior enlisted were guilty of the same offense, the junior enlisted person would be court-martialed.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Posted by Lew Rockwell:

"Of course Obama, Biden, the nationalist security staff, and the creepy ambassadors and hyper-ambassadors are incompetent, infighting clowns. But here is the real problem for all of them: the Afghans are winning, guerrillas against a high-tech, squabillion dollar military. Of course, all the US officials despise each other. It’s neocon scorpions in a bottle."

- www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/60042.html

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe he has in reality given the President a free ticket to release him without repercussion if he (the President) so desires.

Good for him, he is willing to take it in the neck for his President.

I don't think he will be fired, he may be allowed to resign but I have my doubts about that also.

HankD

4. billwald

billwald New Member

I've been personally violated by a newspaper guy. Can't trust any of them but like most things every must learn for himself.

5. 1Tim115

1Tim115 New Member

Judges 7:22 And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Bethshittah in Zererath, and to the border of Abelmeholah, unto Tabbath.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

So, you think this scripture applies to current day America?

7. billwald

billwald New Member

The armed forces have the same problem as your local police department - are given an impossible task under the existing ground rules.