1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What our duties are & how to motivate people

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Willow 2, Apr 10, 2003.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Good Bye all, i am out of here.

( not that anyone will notice)

2. Molly

Molly New Member

I noticed....I sent you a PM. Did you mean to post on this thread?

Sincerely,
    Molly

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

SBC, did you bail again?

4. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

so what are you saying that since i have not written a commentary i can't judge them. It's not like i would be judging the book by it's cover so to speak....

GOD BLESS AMERICA

5. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

Find one previous discussion where I have bailed. I think you will discover more often that my words are often the final ones.

I am up for any debate you suggest.

6. wizofoz

wizofoz New Member

Willow,

I know where you're coming from. I'm in that position myself.

A small church, mostly middle aged people, set in their ways, saying "We've always done it this way", not even attempting to try something new or to get up and actually get out and serve God.

It's a tough struggle, it hurts, it's tiresome. But....
    One of the first sermons I heard when I started going to church was, to put it simply, "Why are we here?"
    Ask yourself that, ask the congregation that. Why are you here? To worship God, to learn His word, or to kill time on a Sunday morning before the fried chicken dinner and TV?
    You don't have to answer for everyone else's actions (or inaction). If you are working to serve God, to do what is pleasing to Him, the best way you know how, with His guidance, that's all you can ask for.
    You and your pastor seem to be pretty much in agreement about the state of your church. He seems to be exhibiting a lot of patience. You can learn from that. Patience is the key.
    Our little church hasn't grown much number wise in the past three years, but the ones who have left have been replaced by younger people, and a lot more babies and children are coming. That is where the future lies.
    I heard a man say once that you can tell about the future growth of a church by listening. Listen for crying babies and young children.
    Praying for you, your pastor, and your church. Hang in there; God don't allow no stopping points.
    Be patient, and listen to Him.
    In Christ
    wizofoz

PS Pm me if you want to.