1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Pastoral Job do you enjoy most?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by USN2Pulpit, Apr 16, 2004.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Pastors, what pastoral job do you enjoy most? Yesterday, I was cleaning the baptistry tank, which included:

</font>
    • Vacuuming out dead japanese beetles</font>
    • sweeping up what the vacuum didn't get</font>
    • wiping the tank walls down</font>
    All of this in preparation to fill the baptistry tank for baptisms on Sunday. I was the only one in the church, so I had some good music piping through the sound system, and it was both prayerful and worshipful for me at the same time - thinking about the meaning of baptism and the privilage I have of administering this ordinance.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think I enjoy pulling out the candy wrappers from the hymnal racks, but thats just me! [​IMG] :D

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Working with tweezers to pull out the broken pencils from the visitor card holder on the back of the pews. Kids love the break them off below level.

4. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

Weed eating, deffniately weed eating. I am the youngest male adult in the Church, and while our youth are hard working, they are in school. Did I mention that my Church has an embankment, a steep embankment in front of the road. A steep embankment.

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We have 2 full time and one part time janitors and a yard service to care for our grounds but one of my volunteer jobs is to print out maps to every home for visitation. Since we're in a little country area with lots of back and dirt roads, new subdivsions, etc., I print out the maps to homes so when we go on visitation, we can group our calls, see more people and not waste a lot of time looking up places on real estate maps.

Diane

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

On Mondays---I go through the Worship Center and pick up the "Left Behind" bulletins---I like to look at how people "doodle" while the "Preacher preaches!"----sometimes I get a bulletin from the section where the youth sit---some of those "He said, She said" type stuff----but never, ever, never anything really "nasty" about the Preacher!! :D Because why?? Because he is one :cool: [​IMG] -ly preacher

7. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

I find entire conversations in the left over bulletins ranging from what's for dinner to how's the family doing?

That sounds like a good topic for a post, what things have you found scribbled on the bulletins?