1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What percentage would you say?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mima, Jan 30, 2008.

1. mima

mima New Member

What percentage of Baptist pastors have accepted five point Calvinism in order to escape personal responsibility for evangelizing(soul winning)?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    probably exactly the same percentage of pastors who have accepted non-Calvinism so they can escape personal responsiblity for soul winning.

The reason people don't win souls is because they refuse to obey God and tell people about Jesus, Calvinist or not.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

zero...negative five billion percent...

it is a horrible strawman against calvinism to suggest that it will lead to decreased evangelism...we almost can't get worse.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Welcome back, Mima, it's been a while. Hope things are well with you.

I see you're like me. You just like to stir the pot a little, on occasion.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What percent of posters should have gotten a hobby after they retired, or never retired in the first place due to an over abundance of free time?

7. mima

mima New Member

Actually I ask for this question because yesterday in a meeting with a soulwinning Southern Baptist preacher(70 new converts and baptisms in the last 16 months). This statement was made by him. "Many pastors who believe in five point Calvinist find the believe convenient to escape confrontational evangelism out in the community." Now I do not know whether or not this is the case(I myself being very Calvinist) still I thought it was a most interesting statement.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

I would say that preacher is wrong, and knows nothing about what he is talking about. I know quite a few Calvinist preachers, and everyone believes in evangelism. They just believe God's responsible for who gets saved, they are not, they just obey and witness.