1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What say ye....

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by pinoybaptist, Mar 6, 2004.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the Scripture to teach EVERY man has a measure of knowledge of God either through His Word or through the Holy Spirit.

John 1
    7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
    8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 16
    7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
    9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
    10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
    11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
    23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

Acts 24
    25 And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

True, only the children of God will respond in faith but the Lord gave commandment to the apostles to preach the Gospel to every creature.

So, it is held up (proffered) to "every creature" given to all for salvation or condemnation...

John 3
    19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

HankD

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all due respects to you, diane, I do not diminish God's Word. In fact, what you just quoted is in line exactly with what I was trying to illustrate in the learned vs unlearned.