1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Senator Obama REALLY wrote:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The racist tripe posted on this board against Senator Barack Obama prompted me to pick up his book, The Audacity of Hope. While I have skimmed through it, I have found nothing of the invectives it supposedly contained. Instead, I am seeing the words of an insightful American. I look forward to reading it in its entirety. However, here is a short passage (in full context) that is in the chapter on race, printed on page 231 of the paperback edition:
    When I meet people for the first time, they sometimes quote back to me a line in my speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention that seemed to strike a chord: "There is not a black America and a white America and a Latino America and Asian America -- there's the United States of America." For them, it seems to capture a vision of America finally freed from the past of Jim Crow and slavery, Japanese internment camps and Mexican braceros, workplace tensions and cultural conflict - an America that fulfills Dr. King's promise that we be judged not by the color of our skin but by the content of our character.

In a sense I have no choice but to believe in this vision of America. As the child of a black man and a white woman, someone who ws born in the racial melting pot of Hawaii, with a sister who's half Indonesian but who's usually mistaken for Mexican or Puerto Rican, and a brother-in-law and niece of Chinese descent, with some blood relatives who resemble Margaret Thatcher and others who could pass for Bernie Mac, so that family get-togethers over Christmas take on the appearance of a UN General Assembly meeting. I've never had the option of restricting my loyalties on the basis of race, or measuring my worth on the basis of tribe.
    Words of a racist? I think not!

#1 Magnetic Poles, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

This 'sounds' good. In fact, it sounds like it should. I wonder if he's planning to run for political office...

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Perhaps this should be read to Sharpton , Jackson as well as many Obama supporters.

4. Magnetic Poles

Of course, but that isn't the point. This is in response to the slanderous posts in the other thread.

#4 Magnetic Poles, Jan 25, 2008
  5. bunnytoes

bunnytoes New Member

BO hate groups/supporters seek to scrubb web

Obama hate groups/radicals are invading the discussion boards trying to refute the true facts. They are trying to wipe out all criticism of Obama. Their tactics are to invade in mass under multiple names with "Obama letters", muddy the waters with irrelevelant facts and discussions. They are vicious and resort to name calling and false information. I ask you to just study the facts that I have presented. Study the links. Educate yourself.

http://www.freedomsenemies.com/_more/obama.htm
    http://www.usvetdsp.com/dec06/obama_muslim.htm
    http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_of_Islam_change_the_path_to_president_for_Obama_.html

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Let's talk about the truth of you copy/pasting other peoples words and then claiming they are your own. The OP you posted a few days ago is all over blogs, messageboards, and even other websites. Search engines are a wonderful tool and all of us teachers know how to use them to our advantage.

==Nobody in this thread, or on this board, is trying to "wipe out all criticism of Obama". Instead what they are trying to do is present a balanced picture. Something your posts failed to do. As I pointed out, many of your quotes from Obama's book were too short, and obviously taken out of context, to be taken seriously.

==Are you serious? Everything you accuse them of doing you are doing.

==Anybody who wants to educate themselves and learn the truth will not do so by reading your posts. If someone wants to know about Obama they need to do their own homework.

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

The people "talking" to you about Senator Obama on this board are long standing posters - not infiltrators.

8. Magnetic Poles

What is taking so long?

And I have to wonder why this Bunnytroll infiltrator has not been banished yet. He/She has posted on white supremacist cites, as Martin has shown. There has already been one thread closed over this poster. Time to show this person the door.

As I have mentioned, Sen. Obama is not my first choice, but the character assassination, race baiting and religious bigotry this troll has posted here is like a graffiti tagger leaving their mark on our home. Let's clean this place of such trash.

9. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Google bunnytoes and "nazi" and you find quotes like these:

Look at his profile and his statement of salvation appears to be works related salvation.

10. Magnetic Poles

You have made the sad mistake of holding hate blogs and racist websites as a source of truth. You, BT, are the one in need of an education. I believe your mind is so poisoned by racial hatred that you will only be saved by the divine intervention of the Lord Jesus in your life. I urge you to take off your glasses of racism and bigotry, and let your mind be fed with the freedom of fresh ideas and the living Gospel of Jesus, in whom there is no race but the human race. I am praying for you, but until you allow God to change your heart, you need to quit your dishonest posting here. You also need to read something other than hate sites that reinforce your stereotypes and fears of those who are different than you.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I am not sure either. When it's clear this lady has an agenda, and isn't interested in debating the issues, only spreading hate, I can't understand why she is still around.

Being she is part of a white nationalist site promoting 'white power' that by itself should be enough to show her the door imho.

Jamie

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

mmmm

I think we are well educated myself. Just because we aren't buying what you are saying (blindly quoting) doesn't mean otherwise.

13. Magnetic Poles

I have it figured out . . . BT never had anyone read her the story of The Sneetches. Otherwise, she'd know that "no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches!"

[​IMG]

The Sneetches, by Dr. Seuss

Now, the Star-Bell Sneetches had bellies with stars. The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars. Those stars weren't so big. They were really so small. You might think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.

But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches Would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches." With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort "We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!" And, whenever they met some, when they were out walking, They'd hike right on past them without even talking.

When the Star-Belly children went out to play ball, Could a Plain Belly get in the game? Not at all. You only could play if your bellies had stars And the Plain-Belly children had none upon thars.

When the Star Belly Sneetches had frankfurter roasts Or picnics or parties or marshmallow toasts, They never invited the Plain-Belly Sneetches They left them out cold, in the dark of the beaches. They kept them away. Never let them come near. And that's how they treated them year after year.

Then ONE day, it seems while the Plain-Belly Sneetches Were moping and doping alone on the beaches, Just sitting there wishing their bellies had stars, A stranger zipped up in the strangest of cars!

"My friends", he announced in a voice clear and clean, "My name is Sylvester McMonkey McBean. And I've heard of Your troubles. I've heard you're unhappy. But I can fix that, I'm the Fix-It-Up Chappie.

I've come here to help you. I have what you need. And my prices are low. And I work with great speed. And my work is one hundred per cent guaranteed!"

Then, quickly, Sylvester McMonkey McBean Put together a very peculiar machine. And he said, "You want stars like a Star-Belly Sneetch? My friends, you can have them for three dollars each!"

"Just pay me your money and hop right aboard!" So they clambered inside. Then the big machine roared. And it klonked. And it bonked. And it jerked. And it berked. And it bopped them about. But the thing really worked! When the Plain-Belly Sneetches popped out, they had stars! They actually did. They had stars upon thars!

Then they yelled at the ones who had stars at the start, "We're still the best Sneetches and they are the worst. But now, how in the world will we know", they all frowned, "If which kind is what, or the other way round?"

Then up came McBean with a very sly wink. And he said, "Things are not quite as bad as you think.

So you don't know who's who. That is perfectly true. But come with me, friends. Do you know what I'll do? I'll make you, again, the best Sneetches on the beaches. And all it will cost you is ten dollars eaches."

"Belly stars are no longer in style", said McBean. "What you need is a trip through my Star-Off Machine. This wondrous contraption will take OFF your stars so you won't look like Sneetches that have them on thars." And that handy machine working very precisely Removed all the stars from their tummies quite nicely.

Then, with snoots in the air, they paraded about. And they opened their beaks and they let out a shout, "We know who is who! Now there Isn't a doubt. The best kind of Sneetches are Sneetches without!"

Then, of course, those with stars got all frightfully mad. To be wearing a star was frightfully bad. Then, of course, old Sylvester McMonkey McBean invited THEM into his Star-Off Machine.

Then, of course from THEN on, as you probably guess, Things really got into a horrible mess.

All the rest of that day, on those wild screaming beaches, The Fix-It-Up Chappie kept fixing up Sneetches. Off again! On again! In again! Out again! Through the machines they raced round and about again,

Changing their stars every minute or two. They kept paying money. They kept running through until the Plain nor the Star-Bellies knew Whether this one was that one or that one was this one. Or which one Was what one or what one was who.

Then, when every last cent of their money was spent, The Fix-It-Up Chappie packed up. And he went. And he laughed as he drove In his car up the beach, "They never will learn. No. You can't Teach a Sneetch!"

But McBean was quite wrong. I'm quite happy to say. That the Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether They had one, or not, upon thars.

#13 Magnetic Poles, Jan 25, 2008
  14. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

:laugh: MP, I may not agree with a whole lot of your posts, but this one was absolutely excellent! Thanks for posting a story I hadn't heard since I was too young to truly appreciate the meaning. :thumbs: :1_grouphug:

**I thought a lot of this looked familiar, so I looked, and lo and behold, bunnytoes has posted the same things on christianforums.com, which is another board I participate on. I'm beginning to think there is something to everything that has already been pointed out about this character.**

#14 youngmom4, Jan 25, 2008
  15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think its time for you to find another board to post your comments on. There is no place for that kind of mindset in this country, especially on a Christian board.

I grew up in southern Mississippi through the 50s and 60s, as a child, and mister, I have no tolerance for people such as yourself.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama's politics coupled with his vast inexperience are enough to turn off those not fascinated by his smooth delivery and sweeping undeliverable promises. A president can't vote "present".

Trash posts are not needed.

17. scripturesearcher

scripturesearcher New Member

Someone give this guy a grammar manual.

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

That would be the role of his editor.

19. bunnytoes

bunnytoes New Member

The words are THERE. Do you REALLY think he's changed???
    Any white candidate would be crucified for having those hateful, racist things out in print!!!

The sheer POWER behinde this man- the black supremacists/ Muslim activists- is amazing, and very, very frightening.

He comes out of nowhere. He is articulate and charismatic. He promises great things- without specifying how or what. Americans hang on every word. Americans follow in droves. Americans do not question. They do not investigate his history or who his backers and his/their agenda is.
    Anyone who dares to speak up is shouted down with RACIST! BIGOT!
    He admits in his books his disdain for the white race. He expresses his love for Islam- and still Americans do not listen. Very, very frightening.
    I urge all readers, go and INVESTIGATE:

http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_of_Islam_change_the_path_to_president_for_Obama_.html

http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html

http://www.freedomsenemies.com/_more/obama.htm

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bunnytoes, are you a racist and a bigot? Just answer for yourself.