1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What should be the hallmarks of a "true" Christian Forum?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Darrell C, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think when it comes to how we teach children there is a tendency to shield them from ugly truths about this world and mankind. But, that does not mean we cannot teach them, and both their physical as well as spiritual lives depend on it. And we teach according to their ability to understand. When children are small, most parents teach them that strangers are to be avoided. As they get older, they will learn why. Doesn't mean you have to be explicit in how you teach them.

The same is true in discussions about certain topics, which we need to discuss with those involved in them, but, that doesn't mean discussions have to be explicit. I can't recall even one that ever was. And the only place where I saw vulgarity has been on atheist forums, which is irrelevant to what is really in view here. We are discussing hallmarks of a Christian Forum, and this has actually been a pretty topic under that heading. I can understand why some would be hesitant for that to be something in the public record, but, my point is that there is somewhere on the forum where these issues can be addressed for the purpose of both ministry to those in bondage to such issues, but for the learning of the Christian Member as well. We will never learn to debate a topic unless we actually engage in those discussions. And frankly, the average poster on most Christian forums would have their lunch ate by some of the Atheist Ministers we can find, not only on their forums, but on so-called Christian forums as well. False teachers come in all flavors, and just because one calls themselves a Christ doesn't mean that they aren't actually supporting the kingdom of darkness with their false doctrine.

An erroneous "Christian" doctrine is as damaging as any false doctrine, the same can be said of practice.

And you make a good point, in regards to SoS. But every teacher and minister should be trained in meeting his student/disciple on their level. Just as we would not teach algebra to a first grader, neither would we be explicit in teaching children about the errors present in the world.

If you let them learn at school or from friends or TV...expect problems.

God bless.