1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Should Romney Do with Obama's Attacks?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Jul 19, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama is relentlessly attacking Romney on marginal issues--his tax records, his time at Bain Capital, etc.--and not engaging Romney on policy issues. What would you tell Romney to do about these attacks? How should he respond?

This week's attack is on Romney's reluctance to release his tax records. I think Romney is playing it correctly by ignoring him.

If I were Romney, every time Obama brings up some attack that's not a policy issue I would have him respond, "So Obama wants to talk about my 2006 tax return, well I want to talk about his record", then hold up charts showing the unemployment rate, hold up charts showing the pitiable growth in GDP, hold up charts showing the growth of the U.S. debt and budget deficit. Earlier this year Romney had a stage prop consisting of a giant 'debt clock' showing the increase in the national debt. I thought this was a smart strategy and I hope he's continuing to do it.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well said. Any time spent responding to Obama's attacks is less time that Romney can talk about Obama's sorry record.

3. targus

targus New Member

He should dismiss them with something like "That has already been proven to be false and the President needs to start talking about the issues that the American people are concerned about..."

Then go into the issues that matter.