1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Sin is Being Committed by Person Suffering from PTSD?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

A person with ADHD (or that person's parents) are looking for a reason why they can't maintain control of themselves. They lack motivation and self control. Yes, it is a sin.

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL, given your testimony in this post, are we to assume you were diagnosed with ADHD?

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There was no such thing when I was like that. It was called being incorrigible but the symptoms were the same and in todays world instead of dealing with it we cover it with drugs. The truth is it can be dealt with without drugs, but that means the person has to submit to those who are in authority and there in is the rub. It is not that they cannot deal with it, but they do not want to do what it takes so they take the worlds way instead of God's way.
    Drugs mask the sin while confession and forsaking heal.
    Watch the videos;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohpN2iZTUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuhhJ1BaMk

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So, when you were a child and out of your own volition understood that your incorrigible behavior was normal and the same for every child of that age?

You saw all others in the classroom in the same incorrigible behavior at the same level and intensity of that behavior?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, you haven't been there.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No I did not say that.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Did you read the article or need I ask?

8. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

What is it with this video junk, you can't express what you wish to say without a video, you letting the video mask your thoughts, you need to confess and repent of this video thing you have.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Seems to me you stated you "were like that" and you applied the label "incorrigible."

Perhaps I didn't ask the right questions.

When you were incorrigible as a child, were you aware at that time that the level of incorrigibleness others expressed in the classroom and at home was of the same kind or intensity or were those children different?

Are stating that you now are aware that your incorrigibleness was out of the norm for children of that same age?

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the video answer my question:

What sin is being committed by a person suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome? (Specifically a soldier returning from the battlefield.)

If it does, please list a time marker on the video so I can quickly skip ahead and see the answer to my question. If it doesn't I would like you to answer it.

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You stated "Drugs mask sin" do know what any of the drugs I listed are for? That doesn't really matter does it becaause you say "Drugs mask sin" that means whatever the drug is for it will "mask sin" .

Lets take one "Phenobarbital" is a barbituate so you say it "mask sin".

Here is what it is used for:

"Phenobarbital is used to control seizures. Phenobarbital is also used to relieve anxiety. It is also used to prevent withdrawal symptoms in people who are dependent ('addicted'; feel a need to continue taking the medication) on another barbiturate medication and are going to stop taking the medication. Phenobarbital is in a class of medications called barbiturates. It works by slowing activity in the brain."

But if the epileptic doesn't use it they will have seizures but you say "Drugs mask sin" what sin does the epileptic need to mask?

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I did - and I disagree and would rather side on the side of real science.

There are findings that ADD children have different brains than regular children. Children diagnosed with ADD are more likely to have been low birth weight babies.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/adhd.html

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

As if we have HOURS to do nothing but listen to falsehoods....

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, but if you mean did I know I wanted it my way and not every child did what I did, yes of course. The words at that age did not mean anything as they would be technical at that point.It was just outright rebellion just like today, but back then they had not hoodwinked the people with this drug thing.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The video will give information so you can have the correct answer.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At what time marker in the video is the part about soldiers and PTSD?

19. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

How do you know it will give the correct answer? Like several who have watched some ITL just might see it as a false belief that skews the real truth. You see ITL might go in with eyes open and no preconceived belief that whatever the person on the video says is true.

BTW did you scripturally do with the person on the video in a biblical mannar?

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You will have to watch the video to get the information. I cannot tell you what happened and when without going back and recording the minutes. The information will allow you to make an informed evaluation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.