1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Software?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by just-want-peace, Aug 8, 2003.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have recieved many emails with file attachments that have .email ( :confused: :confused: ) as the file extension. I do not have the wherewith to open same, and am curious what the software is that will work?

HELP!! Thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From memory, I think it's one of the things you get with the Accursed Microsoft Outlook .... forget what to do to fix it, but thinkit's something to do with renaming the extension ..

Regards
    Bob

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Bob, looks like you're the only one that has any advice for me. While I do appreciate your help, I need more for my "computer challenged" mind.

If you have any more to add, I'll be muchly in your debt! Thanks!

4. OldShepherd

OldShepherd New Member

JWP, right click on the attachment. Click "Save As" Select the folder/directory you want to save the file to. You may be able to change the extension at this point. Change the .email extension to .doc, where it appears in the "save As" window and click "Save." You should then be able to open it with your WP program. The original should still be in your inbox if this doesn't work we'll try something else.