1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What specific thing do you find wrong with this health care bill?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Robert Snow, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I read that everyone must join or something, with fines that jump to the hundreds over the next few years. :eek:
    Now, that's scary, and sounds like the beginnnings of some totalitarian apocalypse! I'm surpised nobody talking about this part of it.
    Who exactly is this for? Everyone? What about people who already have plans from their jobs?

Why would they even do that?

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Question...

There have been many great responses, so, I won't go on to kick a dead horse.

The only thing I'll say is that this bill is truly the beginning of the end of freedom.

They say this is just like Social Security; Medicare; Medicaid; etc. However, those programs don't have the same "mandatory" wording attached to their language.

American's have a choice to have SS; Medicare; and Medicaid. There are NO fines for not being associated with these federal programs.

The new health care bill has fines attached to the bill's language, and it is mandatory that EVERYONE participate, like it or not.

Secondly, this is one of the only programs for social assistance [if I'm wrong, someone of the Board will correct me] that is involving the IRS to assist with. I have heard that the bill will employ 16,00 "new" IRS agents to track and enforce the mandatory involvement.

That is not the basic freedoms of a Republic, Democracy, or, what American's fought and died to protect American's from...

Something "smells" with this bill, and that something is the growing stench of "freedom's corpse!"

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

OK, just now seeing the signing ceremony on the news, I think the rationale behind making it mandatory was because of people who end up not being able to pay for the hospoital with no insurance, and can even end up dying.
    So I guess it is supposed to be for "our own good". Just like the cigarette taxes, and now, the soda taxes.
    But it does sound quite scary.

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is unconstitutional. Obama and crew spend a year vilifying those evil, greedy insurance companies and then make it mandatory that we become their customers. Thats rich :(

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You sure do like the term "bed-wetters." I wonder if this is a Freudian slip on your part?

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

RS, there have been numerous, detailed, specific responses to "what is wrong with this bill?"

Have you any response to those?

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rbell, you have got to stop confusing liberals with the facts!

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

**crickets**

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

more "crickets"

12. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

RS, when you first started posting, you were decidedly liberal leaning.
    Then you had some event, a motorcycle accidednt IIRC (something traumatic anyway), and your attitude became decidedly conservative after experiencing first hand some of the liberalese of this country. In fact, you made a comment about how circumstances can change your outlook.
    Now it seems that you are reverting to liberalism once more - am I wrong in my deciphering of your last few weeks postings???

You aren't kin to Ken by any chance are you??:smilewinkgrin:

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

That is one of the problems here. If a poster doesn't bash everything about President Obama and the Democratic Party, they are labeled as "liberal." I try to look at the issues one at a time. I have been a fan of single-payer health care for years. It has nothing to do with the conservative, liberal debate. Believe it or not, I know republicans at work who support this legislation. I don't think it goes far enough, but it is a step in the right direction.

14. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

I would like to see us clean house in November, but I don't see it happening. Why?

There is a lot of public outcry at the moment. It will not last. Momentum will peak by the start of summer. Americans have short memories. By November we will have accepted the health care plan and those who railroaded its passage and reverted to our business as usual lives.

15. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your point is a good one, but don't forget that Congressional Democrats' approval numbers were terrible before they voted for healthcare.

16. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm with another medical sharing ministry, Christian Healthcare Ministries (chministries.org), and I got a letter from them that says that there is a provision for people in medical sharing ministries. We are fine right where we are. Check with Medi-Share and see what they say.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

That is the bet the Dems are taking. Fortunately, Obamacare has given Republicans a very popular issue for the upcoming elections in November. They will be campaigning that they will repeal this law. They can also campaign on legislation that could hopefully stimulate the economy, especially create jobs.

What we can all do is encourage those who oppose Obamacare to come out in mass in November and elect politicians who seek to repeal this law. If the House and Senate can be overturned to a Republican majority this can be done. But remember, there are lots of folks who love Obama and his agenda, they will be coming out too. Fortunately, polls show Independents have turned away from Obama.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just another example that one should rarely believ in political epiphanies.

He's still a big government nanny state liberal and will remain one.

19. Winman

Winman Active Member

What is the definition of a conservative?

A liberal who has been mugged. :thumbsup:

20. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I don't give a rat's posterior what you think of me.

#60 Robert Snow, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010