1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Specific Things Today Would We As Believers Need Faith For?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JoReba, Feb 28, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are saying John the Apostle wasn't a Christian. He used the word "we."

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

No, I absolutely believe that salvation is indeed a 'license to sin". Shocking isn't it? On the other hand I do not do these things that I am now at liberty to do, because those things do nothing to further the Kingdom of God. Rather, there is a list of fruits of the Spirit that I wish to attain and I want that much more than I want...well whatever else it might be that I want. This is because God gave me a new nature. The new me sometimes must do battle with the fleshly me and the new nature will ALWAYS WIN in the end because the bonds of sin are broken.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Paul IS a Christian that is why he says we.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Paul did not write the First Epistle of John; John did.
    John, saying "we" includes himself. You say he is not saved, as you did here:

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Bill, does the phrase "pie in the sky" have a different meaning in the USA to what it means in the UK? Here, it means "something described in glowing terms which is not likely to happen". Yet the promises of Jesus are sure and certain. They will happen, no doubt about it. 2 Corinthians 1.18-20:
    18 But as God is faithful, our word to you was not Yes and No. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us––by me, Silvanus, and Timothy––was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes. 20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

No "pie in the sky" there, at least in the "British English" meaning of that phrase!

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop with your idiotic inflammatory remarks saying I said Jesus did not save John or any Apostle. Just because you do not understand the scripture, or something I said does not give you an excuse to write idiotic inflammatory remarks.
    You miss the point. If anyone says that they have not sinned.
    In addition, no one has said a Christian never sins. You however have a skewed belief that sides with sin. It is not normal for Christians to sin, as you have stated. It is not normal that you think Apostle Paul had a miserable existence with never overcoming sin.

#86 Moriah, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not sure what you think the Apostle Paul has to do with the writings of John.
    The verse in question teaches Christians sin, something you seem to deny, at least at times you seem to deny this. So I pull you back here. If you say you are sinless "you make Christ a liar and the truth is not in you."

Do you sin?
    How often?
    Every day?

What about 1John 1:10?
    It applies to you. You are not sinless. If you say that you are you make Christ a liar and the truth is not in you. Therefore it should not be difficult for you to answer those three simple questions.

What about 1John 1:9
    1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    --How often do you avail yourself of this wonderful promise?
    Every day? Or just once in a while in your lifetime?

8. billwald

billwald New Member

>Bill, does the phrase "pie in the sky" have a different meaning in the USA to what it means in the UK? Here, it means "something described in glowing terms which is not likely to happen".

I've never taken it that way but you may be right. I've only heard it used in reference to our hope of heaven.

The whole thread and its title seems goofy to me.

9. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Faith is not a "feeling." Study Scripture to understand your experiences, rather than studying your experiences to understand Scripture.

The time is at hand for you to change and mature in The Lord.

10. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Wow, maybe you should take your own advice to heart.

John

11. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Millions of Believers over time have prayed and anointed with oil their morbidly sick and dying family and other loved ones with no effect, and with no healing.

Faith does not work for the vast majority of sick Believers as you have tried to say it does. Please stop misrepresenting God's Word.

12. JoReba

JoReba New Member

You are confusing, as do most Church Pewsitters, the difference between faith and obedience. And, as well, you are "Chatting!!" about other Churchy sounding topics as if they relate to faith.

Can you tell us what you need to have by faith in your mind in order to obey God?

13. seekingthetruth

Sometimes God's plans are not the same as ours.

What you said here is very cold and unchristianlike.

Why are you here on the BB? Just to make trouble?

Do you hate God?

What is your agenda?

John

14. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Do you ever go to a secular doctor for medical care?

15. seekingthetruth

DHK sits here every day and defends our Lord. Monitoring this board cannot be easy. I know because sometimes I can be very difficult.

My question to you is this......without faith, why would you want to obey God?

John

16. JoReba

JoReba New Member

What go those Patriarchs have to do with you? Do you replicate their faith ... ? If you cite their faith yet do not replicate their faith, then you are not being faithful, and are powerless.

17. seekingthetruth

Dont you think that God heals through secular doctors also?

John

18. JoReba

JoReba New Member

What exactly do you do to personally enact your faith? Give ten examples if you are in touch with reality.

19. JoReba

JoReba New Member

If "All Things Are Possible!!", then why have you not done "All Things!!" with God?

Lol. I predict you will have no meaningful answer.

20. seekingthetruth

Sometimes God's plans are not the same as ours.

What you said here is very cold and unchristianlike.

Why are you here on the BB? Just to make trouble?

Do you hate God?

What is your agenda?

John