1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Specific Things Today Would We As Believers Need Faith For?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JoReba, Feb 28, 2012.

1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

I am just flabberghasted by your rude and nasty remarks.

Does your mother know how you talk to people? Is she proud?

No, you are not wrong about the healing. As i said, God heals whom He chooses.

I donnot cling to this mortal life and fear death as much as most folks do. If God wants to take me now, I am ready to go.

But i would never give up on God just because He didnt heal someone.

So?,,,,,is it God or preachers that you are mad at?

John

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I need to have faith in God to keep me from sin.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. If you never had faith you aren't saved.
    Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2. If you don't increase in faith you haven't been reading God's Word.
    Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

3. Without faith you lack one of the fruits of the Spirit.
    Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

4. Without faith the armor of God is weakened.
    Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

5. Without faith you cannot please God.
    Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

6. Without faith you are not saved. Have you faith?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Go back to the first couple of pages and remind yourself of the OP and the conversation that immediately followed. Your original question was, "With all that we have today why is faith even necessary?"

My answer was, for the Christian faith is necessary to walk a walk of faith, to live a life of obedience. For example in carrying out the Great Commission one needs faith.

Moriah interrupted then and said that the Apostles never went anywhere, which was a false statement. So I gave a post that proved that the Apostles went everywhere preaching the Word and all were martyred in the end for doing so.

What do these men have to do with you. They were men of faith. They demonstrated their faith in their walk with Christ. They faced persecution and were not afraid to. They were martyred for their faith, for the faith that they lived by.

Are you, like them, willing to live a life of faith?

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I NEVER said that. You must know that you would have to be insane to believe I said that. What makes you say such lies? What makes you say such a lie?

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Who was that that chastised others for not quoting him? Did not the same person then accuse those that fail to quote the other directly as liars, as I recall? Can anyone refresh my memory as to those recent remarks? Thanks.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is what you said Moriah.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You do not affect me, DHK. I answer to God.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In post #125 you accused me of lying. I didn't. I provided the proof for. Now you should apologize.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You do lie. You falsely call me a liar that makes you a liar.

DHK’s misquote:
    Moriah interrupted then and said that the Apostles never went anywhere, which was a false statement.
    My actual statement:
    The Apostles did not go anywhere anytime. Jesus had warned the Apostles not to go to some places because those not accepting the message would prosecute or kill them.
    DHK,
    Are you incapable of seeing the truth? You said I said, “The Apostles never went anywhere.” Do you think you are funny? You do not find nothing wrong with saying the Apostles never went anywhere.
    Move on now.

#130 Moriah, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2012
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Moriah interrupted then and said that the Apostles never went anywhere,

My actual statement:
    The Apostles did not go anywhere......
    --Quoting from memory I'd say the quote was pretty accurate.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Give it up. It is soundless to try to make anyone believe anyone believes the Apostles did not go anywhere.
    I am finished speaking to you about this. It is clear you are just speaking folly.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Fine, here is the OP

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I see the poster is now gone which I applaud the mods for doing but I will still answer this response to me.

Yes, believers have died and we were prepared to lose my daughter as well - and praise God anyway. Whether my daughter lived or died would not have made a difference - God is still God and He is still on the throne.

Faith doesn't heal if that is what you are thinking by saying that "faith doesn't work". Faith is the utter trusting in what we cannot see, knowing that all is in God's hand. If my daughter died, praise God for fulfilling His plan in our lives. That He healed her, we praise Him as well.

I know we are not to question the salvation of another but I do have to ask how an I dwelt believer could even question why we would need faith. It makes me wonder who the poster is and what the state of their heart is. I do pray that they find truth.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, we all need faith.
    The unsaved needs faith to be saved; to put his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We are justified by faith.

The saved need to walk by faith. There is no other life for the Christian than a walk of faith.

16. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

doctrine established by 2-3 witnesses, so see Romans 1:17/Habakkuk 2:4!