1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What the resurgence was and is all about

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

from bigdaddyweave:
    Dwight McKissic, Southern Baptist pastor of Cornerstone Baptist in Fort Worth on NBC:

"That was like heaven on Earth to me," said Dwight McKissic, pastor of predominantly black Cornerstone Baptist Church in Arlington. "I enjoyed the high church music of the Mercer [University] choir as much as I did the black Baptist choir."

A conference called for and attended by two past Presidents. If McKissic thinks THAT is heaven on earth, then he is no baptist.

We all know that the baptist version of heaven on earth is the Golden Corral.
    :smilewinkgrin:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen! :laugh:

[​IMG]

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

"These folks." You're extrapolating from something a writer said to the Biblical knowledge of the whole movement? Poor logic.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Are you suggesting that the whole movement does not support these statements?

I would also say that "if" there are those who disagree with such statements in this movement then it goes without saying that I am not talking about them. The words "these folks" obviously are intended for those who agree with those statements. Why does that need explaining?

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill Clinton has no business giving any speech at any conference of this nature.

6. dan e.

dan e. New Member

If you could please inform me of what kind of things I'm allowed to do, that would be helpful. I have a lot of things lined up in the next few months, but I don't want to overstep my boundaries of what kinds of things I have any business doing.

Since you're the authority on this, I just thought I'd ask you.

Thanks for any permissions given.