1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What time did the sinners prayer come from?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, aka "DoG" (doctrines of grace). I was pointing to that common point. Also, the few I am speaking of belong to another forum and are "ranked" by dog breeds (I was a chihuahua, then a hound dog....you get the picture). I was using their theme, not trying to offend (I also believe the Doctrines of Grace). What separates me from them is not theology.

A friend gave me a couple of quotes from a section of their board dedicated to gossiping about people here. It was up when I was a member, and apparently it's still going strong. In hind site, "puppies" ties in this aspect of their forum as well (but that was not what I was pointing to with the use of "puppy"...I was trying to add a bit of humor to an otherwise humorless situation.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aw yes I'm sure Markb was so helpful in pulling info for you from another site you claim not to care about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is a member over their and has been a willing accomplice in the gossip of BB members. She knows all about it.

However, agedman called them all on the gossip. They ignored him but he let them know their behavior was ungodly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do they vet their prospective members at the DOG House?

(couldn't help myself....)

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not your priest, pastor or friend. I could not care less about why you post what you post, why you and your friends arrive at certain conclusions, or why when corrected about ones motives you continue to advance the lie. That is a matter between you and God. But I will continue to edit and delete what I deem inappropriate and will continue to rely on others when I am uncertain. That said, i am human and as such prone to error. If the adms believe I have done wrong then they are free to bring back your posts and edit mine. Appeal to them, not me.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care about the site. When I left dialogue was to a trickle (from what I hear it went down from there...probably because they got rid of anyone who disagreed with them). But the posts were offered to me as an example to support what I was saying. And I never, ever, would have even considered the site if I knew it was a "secret" club (I think it changed after I joined). Religious discussions do not belong in the dark. Neither do Christians.

Do you not find it funny that you really get to know someone's character when they believe no one is looking?

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    peddle faster...I hear chihuahuas :D

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? I point out the hypocrisy of your postings, and this is the response you come up with?

It really is time to put you back on ignore.

9. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So in other words, you don't have any examples, and it was a baseless accusation.

Good job, slick

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would I find it funny? Illuminating yes but not funny.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word "funny" can also mean curious or peculiar. You could substitute "odd", if that would make more sense to you.

I find it peculiar (odd/funny) that one can really get to know someone's character when they believe no one is looking. The reason I find it odd is directly related to that section of the forum we mentioned. It is comprised of Christians who gather to gossip (a sin) about other people. Yet I have no doubt in public life they would draw back from such accusations.

Another example would be a member of that forum (called the DoG House, and who has a dog breed for a "ranking") objecting when another person uses a canine term to refer to the group which refers to itself with a canine term. Or would that just be hypocrisy? Then again, I suppose hypocrisy is a character flaw as well, isn't it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread veered off course early on and no longer attempts to address the OP, so it is now closed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.