1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what verse would you use?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by ezrider, May 9, 2003.

1. ezrider

ezrider New Member

if your were trying to show someone why you love God, what one verse would you use? and why?...me i would use Jn.3:16, because it shows the love God had for all of us on the planet, from the begining of time till the the end.

--------------------
    Jesus loves you.........bill

2. Ms.Lumi

Ms.Lumi New Member

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (Romans 5:8-9

Ms.Lumi

3. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Come to me, all you who ae weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30 [​IMG]

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

This is one that I'd use, too. It's been one of my favorites for a long time.

5. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

O taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. Isaiah 45:22

6. Felix

Felix Member

I would use this as well. It is the first Bible verse I've ever seen!! It was like a hammer crushing a heart of stone!!

Saved by Grace
    Pardi

7. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Here are a few that come to mind:

Psa 36:7 How precious is thy steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge in the shadow of thy wings.

Psa 59:17 O my Strength, I will sing praises to thee, for thou, O God, art my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love.

Psa 86:15 But thou, O Lord, art a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

Mic 7:18 Who is a God like thee, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger for ever because he delights in steadfast love.

Rom 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

1Jo 3:1 See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

and my personal favorite:

Rom 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.