1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What was it like to be Jesus

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I have often wondered what it was really like for Jesus growing up as a little boy. I wonder if he ever had doubts that He was God. This is NOT to say he sinned. But, as he grew to the age of obtaining knowledge, did he reach a level of accountability like us?

Obviously, Jesus had the same desires to sin that we do since He came in human form.

Another question. Jesus returned in a new body. Like the one we will get when we are living eternally with Him.

Is this body different than what He originally had? Could this also be an ultimate sacrifice that He is confined to a physical body?

If not, then is our new body spiritual where we can jump around the universe in the wink of an eye?

Just some things to discuss, I don't think anybody will have specific answer, just opinions (almost everybody). :D

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Jesus had the same body he had had before he died but it was in a new form. Remember how Thomas was invited by Jesus after the resurrection to see and feel the nail marks?

Having a spiritual body does not mean a 'ghostlike' body because Jesus was bodily visible, he ate, and people touched Him after the resurrection.

We don't know exactly what having a spiritual body is like except is it free of decay and disease.

I don't know if we will jump around the universe since I think we will be praising God.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Where do you find it in the Bible that he has the same body before? I am not arguing with you, just pondering.

I think since we have an eternity that part of the new Earth will be that we can do things we enjoy doing (except sinful things). This is the wonder of eternal life. We can praise God in infinity and still play in infinity. Just my opinion.

Dr. Bob, what say you?

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Believing in the bodily resurrection is an essential of the Christian faith (for example, the Jehovah Witnesses say Jesus rose spiritually but not physically).

1. Jesus' body was missing from the tomb.
    2. Jesus predicted his own resurrection several times. See Jn 2.19-21 where Jesus states that he will raise "this temple" meaning his body.
    3. The disciples saw the wounds of the crucifixion after the resurrection (see Jn 20.20 below).
    4. Thomas saw and felt the wounds of the crucifixion (see Jn 20.27 below).

It is clear from this passage that Jesus had the same body.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Oh, I don't disagree with you there. What I am talking about is Jesus was born as a human. I agree his ressurection was in the body form, only a perfected body free of disease and pain like ours.

But, how about before? I know a spirit can assume a body, but is Jesus physically different today as a result of His accepting a human body?

I know we were made in His image, but I always took that to refer to our soul and spirit.