1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What was the Answer from God when you prayed God to forgive your sins?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu:

"How could you get the Forgiveness without shedding of Blood?"

GE:

How could you get Forgiveness without the resurrection and likfe of Christ presented before the throne of God in your stead?

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know that the tense of the word for Blotted out?

It is Aorist Passive Infinitive, Εξαλειφθηναι

Aorist Passive Infinitive means : Once occurred in the past, neither repetition nor continuous! But ONCE in the Past!

It has the meaning of the Past!

Check out the Greek word there. If you don't know it, study the Greek grammar first!

If it is Once Occurred in the Past, what would it mean else than Crucifixion of Jesus Christ?

#22 Eliyahu, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Resurrection is the part of the Sacrifice, because it shows and proves that God accepted His Sacrifice to His satisfaction, and that the Sacrifice is well accepted.

But the shedding of the Blood is the key elements of the sacrifice,

Without the shedding of the Blood, there is no remission ( Heb 9:22)

Many people believe that their sins cannot be forgiven without the Blood of Jesus when they were born again.

But many people may not know that the sins committed after the salvation ( Being born again) are not forgiven unless there is the shedding of Blood. This is why almost all things in the tabernacle were purged with the blood ( Heb 9:22)

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you get the forgiveness of the sins, leaving away from Blood and Death of Jesus Christ 2000 years ago?

5. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

I was convicted of my condition as a lost person. I understood that eternity hung in the balance. I prayed for Jesus to come into my life. Thereafter, I was shown one sin after another --- and there were many --- that grieved the Holy Spirit. I was shown how I had hurt others, how disgusting my sins had been. And yes, I continued in some of them. And I prayed. And I prayed. And I prayed. And I prayed. And I went to those within my own family and to others I could find and asked for their forgiveness. And one day I suddenly realized that the desire to sin was gone. Gone. My life was different. I could not hear profanity -- I would recoil in pain -- I had to leave the room. I could not, would not, listen to "dirty" jokes. I could not use profanity, or smoke, or drink alcohol. I could not watch TV programs that were obviously full of things that grieved God. I could not listen to secular music, although I had been a singer. I wanted to read, read, read scripture and commentaries on scripture. I wanted to attend bible studies. I wanted to be in "Sunday School" and church. I was led to sing and to teach and to preach. I went back to college. I dropped our of the field of psychology in favor of Christian Counseling. It was all because God loved me and called out to me. Wow! I wasn't transformed in an instant, but I was transformed. What about abandoning secular music? Just in the last year or so I've permitted myself to listen to the groups from the 50s. The Four Freshmen. The Four Aces. The Four Lads. That kind of music. And it's okay. John 8:32, 1 John 1:9. I'm quick to run to those, even for fleeting thoughts.
    :jesus:<----- HE is some kind of wonderful! :thumbs:

#25 DQuixote, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your case, the forgiveness and peace with God may have been restored when you turned to the Lord and repented. But when you said, prayed, prayed, prayed, prayed, what would have been the ultimate point?

I ask this because, Bible says there is no remission without the shedding of Blood ( Heb 9:22). If God could forgive your sins without the shedding of Blood, then why didn't He forgive the sins of others without the Blood and Death of Jesus Christ?

Sometimes, Catholic says God protected Mary from Sins, and therefore Mary was Immaculate before the conception of Jesus. But the question is why God had to let His Only Son be killed, if He could protect a person whom He desires to. Why didn't God protect all of us from sin without need of the Blood and Death of Jesus, if He could protect Mary from sins even before Jesus was killed?
    That's why I believe that the Immaculate Mary is wrong according to the Bible Romans 3.:23.

Likewise, people can be born again by believing in the Blood and Death of Jesus. Without the Blood and Death of Jesus, NO ONE ( including Mary) could have the forgiveness of sins and the eternal life. This is Salvation.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we obtained the Redemption Thru His Blood.

Now after the Salvation, we are not perfect, but often find our sins such as anger, jealousy, hatred, lust, laziness, exaggeration ( which may be a little better than lies), greediness, covetous mind, etc.

Then we repent and confess our sins to God as 1 John 1:9-2:1.
    Then does God forgive us at His own mercy simply without any Blood?
    Then why didn't God do such special service for our Salvation? In such case, Jesus didn't have to die unnecessarily, right?

MY point is this.
    Even though you may have not realized it systematically, God forgave you on the basis of your belief that Jesus paid the price for that specific sin as well.

You may have not recognized this quite clearly. But if you bothered so much with the sins or mistakes after the salvation, you would have cried out for the help from God as Paul cried 7:24-25.

He found the grace from God thru Jesus Christ. If you can pray God knowingly that there is the forgiveness only based on the Blood and Death of Jesus Christ, only on the Cross of Jesus Christ, then you may have found the peace faster.

Therefore when we obtain the forgiveness of our sins after the salvation, we don't get it just because we prayed a lot, but even that forgiveness is obtained by remembering and re-discovering the Cross of 2000 years ago. God doesn't forgive us without Blood, and doesn't provide another Cross either, but the Cross of Jesus 2000 years agod paid in full for our sins ONCE FOR ALL.

Do you agree?

#26 Eliyahu, Mar 25, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  7. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wound the Saviour everytime I sin....He is Infinite Goodness and therefore sin infinitely wounding. I am forgiven when I ask pardon as He is always willing to do so if I aknowledge that I have wounded Him.

I perform my penance as a sign that I am sincere in this. Jesus knows this without an outward penance but it is to remind me of His suffering on the Cross. He after all was crucified by my sins as well as for all mankind.

The Way of the Cross was 2000 years ago but the sacrifice of Him and the wounds by me bring the act out of time in a sense.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. ON what basis should he forgive your sins any more than he should forgive a Muslim's sins, or a Hindu's sins?
    2. How do you know that when you do confess your sins, they are forgiven? What assurance do you have?
    Thirdly, If you were to stand before God right now, and he were to say to you: "Why should I let you into my heaven?" What would you answer.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

I think you needed to have checked up your Greek Grammar first, before you got so catagorical about the 'tense' here, because the 'tense'-factor in this instance is dwarfed by the continuous present aspect contained in the syntactical phenomenon of the Infinitive of Noun Force.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu:

"MY point is this. Even though you may have not realized it systematically, God forgave you on the basis of your belief that Jesus paid the price for that specific sin as well."

GE:

I would try to make a point, by saying, even though you may not have realized it systematically, God forgave you on the basis that Jesus, paid, the price for your sin, long before you were born.

That's why you ask God for forgiveness, because He had given you faith in Jesus' grace.

11. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Where did I say that His blood was not involved?

I continued to pray to be an overcomer in the battle against the sin nature. I prayed to be the kind of man my family and friends would recognize as born again.

I think you misread what I wrote.

Anyway........ I was born again, and transformed by His love.

12. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you admit the followings:

1) The key word Εξαλειφθηναι is Aorist Passive Infinitive

2) Greek has several Infinitive types such as Present, Aorist, Future ( Present Perfect, Future Perfect as well), and Future Infitinitive is for Future.

3) Present Infinitive and Aorist Infiinitive do not differ in tense, unless the sentence is Indirect Discourse. Present Infinitive states " Repetition of an act, or continuation of a certain act" Aorist indicates " Occurrence"
    ( refer to William Goodwin's Greek Grammar, 1272).

4) In case of Indirect Discourse ( say, speak, think..) Tense coincides with the corresponding sentence. So, the following example works there:

Ελεγον οτι γραψειεν
    He said that he had written

Φησι γραψαι
    He says he wrote

Do you see? For current tense of main sentence ( or protasis) can be earlier than the verb of subordinate sentence( or apodosis.)

You can refer to 1280 of his book.

5) the sentence is in Acts 3:19 is Imperative and the word is not for the moving action, but the fulfilment of a condition, and therefore we cannot find it as a current occurence of an action.

You can read thru his book from 1272-1516, especially, 1280, 1400.

6) Peter knew very well that the wiping out the sin is not going on, but finished before, at the Cross.

7) You mentioned the word is Inifinitive and therefore it has Noun Force, which is a non-sense, because the word doesn't have the Article, and therefore it has a strong Verb Force and all the translations that I know translated it as the Verb Force.

8) The Key is that the word indicates One Time Occurence, which may be interpretted as 2 kinds, one at the Cross, the other when the listeners accept the Truth of the Cross. Both are indicating the same eventually.

#32 Eliyahu, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

If you admit that your daily sins are forgiven by the Cross of 2000 years ago, then you are saying your daily sins were forgiven 2000 years ago, right?

14. bmerr

bmerr New Member

Eli,

bmerr here. Where in the Scriptures is an alien sinner ever told to pray to God for the forgiveness of his sins? I can't find it.

In Christ,

bmerr

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asking God to forgive can be thought about later.

1. You admit that your daily sins can be forgiven only with the shedding of Blood.

2. Your sins are forgiven by the Blood and Death of Jesus 2000 years ago. In other words your sins were forgiven even before you committed such sins, right?

3. Only the discovery or Re-discovery of the meaning of Cross is done at the time when you repent, and confess your sins to God, right?

4. If you don't repent and confess, the Holy Spirit do not open your eyes to realize what Jesus has done at the Cross, right?

5. God doesn't provide you with another Cross, or another Gospel, right?

6. Repeat this. Repeat Asking God " Please forgive my sins, please, please, " thousand times because we apt to sin often. Then could you see that God would not forgive your sins by any new method, but that God will forgive your sins by revealing that such sins of yours were included in the forgiveness at the Cross 2000 years ago?

7. If you were God and forgave all the sins of one wicked man completely, but the man comes to you every day and ask you " please forgive my sins, " again and again, " Please forgive my sins,....." How would you feel about him?

8. Let's say God deposited 1 Billion US Dollars to your Bank account because Jesus donated such money for you, but you continue to ask God to give me some money for this and that, then how would God feel about you?

Do you know why Paul mention all the time, Cross and Crucifixion after He was saved?

Read Gal 2:20, 6:14.

Is the truth of Cross effective only for the time of the salvation, or even for the daily sanctification?

16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought you didn't explicitly mention that the daily mistakes or sins were forgiven at the Cross.

17. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

To answer the OP, the answer I get every time I say sorry to God and ask for forgiveness is a wholehearted "Yes! Your sins are forgiven!"

18. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was the Answer from God when you prayed God to forgive your sins?

He said okay.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
    --Horatio Spafford 1873

20. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a pure human imagination!

Could you get the forgiveness of sins without the Blood?
    Did you apologize and then God accepted it?
    Then why didn't God forgive all the sins in that way? Why did God let His Son die the cruel death at the Cross?

What did Jesus confirm when He prayed at Gethshemane sweating? Didn't He confirm that there was no other way than His Bleeding and Death at the Cross?

There is NO Way other than Jesus Christ and His Death at the Cross

#40 Eliyahu, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2007