1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What was the biggest miracle Jesus did?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 7, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

What's more spectacular? Healing a blind man or a crippled man?
    I have heard stories of whole limbs growing back in Africa, do you think this is true that a limb grows back in front of your eyes? :eek:
    When I thought about these claimed miracles which always happen in Africa, where you cannot really know if they really happen there or not, it came to my mind that Jesus never did such blatant miracles. Why?
    Was there no person during Jesus' ministry which had lost her arm or leg? Wouldn't this have been even more impressing than healing a cripple? After all the cripple could also have simulated his disease but when you see a limb growing back in front of your eyes then you cannot deny it.
    Could you imagine seeing something like this? Wouldn't this blow your mind?

2. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I posted a response and suddenly it disappeared. Maybe God was trying to tell me something. What do you think?

Is it possible that God turns off our computers at just the right time? What if the computer had a backup battery system and couldn't be turned off? Could God disconnect the battery? Would he do that? I mean, if he can create everything that is, then he can disconnect a battery! But what if that was a fake connection and the real battery was still hooked up! Wouldn't God know that? I mean, if he doesn't, then how can he be God? I thought God knows everything. (insert horror mask here).

The above is an example of the hypothetical questions that you ask, xdx. You enter into these great debates with yourself, your mind racing, then post them to the board. Far better to read what Jesus did in the NT. It is all right there for you to read. If it says the guy was crippled, then he was crippled. It is, after all, God's word. All scripture is God-breathed! Trust the written word, not something you see on TV. Reinhard Bunke is not someone I would ask about these things. I don't trust him ~ I trust God. If I see an arm or leg grow back, in my presence, not on TV, I'll be amazed, but I won't jump to the conclusion that God did it. That's a mental jump. Spiritually, I'll test the spirits, whether they be from God. Every Christian who understands the mind / spirit division is capable of spiritually testing the spirits. It is a sincere, humbling experience.

Get a handle on your thought processes. Check them out with a medical professional. I'll bet there are lots of them in Germany. :thumbs:

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You know what would blow MY mind?? Seeing someone raised from the dead! I believe Jesus did that many times! Now how much more amazing can it get?
    Here is a scripture for you:
    Mark
    2:9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Arise, take up your bed and walk'?
    2:10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"--He said to the paralytic,
    2:11 I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house."

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, there is no comparison to Him taking the sin of the world on Him and dying for them, and conquering over death, hell and the grave.

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

That was what I was going to say.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I second that. That and living 33 years without sinning!

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Aside from his death and resurrection, while on earth the climactic miracle of his lifetime was the raising of Lazarus from the dead. This was a miracle that could not be duplicated by anyone. Lazarus had been dead for four days already, and had been wrapped in grave clothes (about 100 pounds worth of linens and spices put together). No one could dispute such a miracle.

8. underscoretim

underscoretim New Member

he spoke in "king james" english

9. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks xdx. This is a post that we all can agree upon. Brother Bob & I even agree on this one.

10. Pete

Pete New Member

heh heh had kids Sunday school in Church a few years ago and talked about some of the great things the disciples had seen...I had the wireless mike on me so walked around the Church (Just call me Donahue? :eek: :tonofbricks:)...Anyways, going around the Church I got most of the list, but as I got back to the front one of my Sunday school kids gave the right answer "He forgave sins". I love it when it takes a kid to wake up the oldies :D

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Merry Christmas FoS and to all of you. :)

12. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

The biggest miracle Christ did was to die for our sins.

And -- I posted this without reading the answers. What a blessing it is to find I am not alone!! God bless those who heed His word and accept His Son as our Savior.

#12 Not_hard_to_find, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006
  13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The biggest ... "... THAT YE MAY KNOW ... what is the EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER TO US-WARD ... according to the working of His mighty (miracle-working) power, which He wrought IN CHRIST WHEN HE RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD ..."

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Great Post!

Ditto!

Amen!

Preach the Truth!

:thumbs:

15. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow brother.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EG:
    "Preach the Truth!"

GE:
    This is where we start to falter .... because this is where the Church begins. When one preaches, it's people he preaches to ... then more start preaching .... and more groups of people .... and more differences .... and more interpretations of the Scriptures. Always back to the Scriptures the Scriptures --- always! When we preach, and think and claim it's the Truth we preach. No easy task; no rest, not when you try preach the Truth, and the more difficult it becomes when that Truth you try preach is Jesus Christ. Take up your cross and follow Me was the man of sorrow who said!

17. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

His death on the Cross with every sin ever committed past present and future, atoned completely. On my, hard to beat that.

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Unbeatable indeed! Though I can never think of it but think of Jesus having risen from the dead to really completely have atoned for all those sins.
    It's no technical point merely, it's the Gospel! If Christ not be risen you are in your sins yet!

19. Allan

Allan Active Member

A-MEN!! There is NOTHING greater than the miricle of Gods merciful Love.

20. Daughter

Daughter New Member

amen to all the above!

I'd like to add the miracle of changing hearts like mine... and awakening my conscience towards God :)

:godisgood: