1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What were you doing when you were saved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 13, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Amen, brother. You're absolutely right. I've been blessed to consistently find -- with only one exception -- men just like him in the churches I've chosen to become a member. And that's just four of 'em in 21 years. Our current one is truly the best church I've ever been apart of, and not just because it let's me, "a man with a past," serve in the areas I can be most effective.

My beautiful wife was scared to death of Baptist churches due to having been married into one that was legalistic, judgmental and unloving. It could have meant the end of our relationship, but her faith told her to trust. She did. Now she's a member of this church, too, and sings its praises to God constantly -- as well as anyone else who will listen.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I was dying inside when the Lord saved me. I was dying dead to the love of sin...not dying dead to sin...dead to the love of sin. On May 24th, 2007, while at work, the Lord made a new creature out of me at ~1:30 am in the hospital lab where I worked at at that time.

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

When the Lord showed grace to me, set his love upon me and determined I would be His; I was unheard of. 11 Tim 1:9

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I was a lost 18 year old in a Bible study in a basement room of the Widener College (now University) library when the Lord spoke to my heart and drew me to Him.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I was responding to the Gospel invitation on April 23, 1966, at Metropolitan BC in Tucson, AZ. Since I'd never attended a church that preached about the need of a person receiving Jesus Christ as one's personal Savior, I'd never witnessed an invitation to do so.

After I came forward, I was taken aside by an elderly gentleman and shown that I needed to be saved.

Then and there I asked Jesus Christ to save me---and, praise God, HE DID!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was going about my business on a daily business thinking I was as smart as Lassie and all of a sudden..., WHAM-O!!!!!!!!

The rest is history.

Where would I be today had the Lord not called me? Worse yet, where would I be today had I not responded? ...wow. I hate to think about it.

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

As a seven-year-old, my father was unsaved and my mother was a Christian, but not active. She sent me to a Baptist church about a block from our home. I was among neighbors and classmates. I was involved in Sunday school and regularly attended worship services (without my parents).

I heard many Sunday School lessons and many sermons, and sat through many invitations. One Sunday morning (I'm now nine) the Holy Spirit opened my eyes and my understanding to where I stood before the Lord. All those sermons came crashing in. All those invitations made sense. And the sudden realization that I was lost scared the daylights out of me. I came under deep conviction.

Down the aisle I went to my pastor, Ralph Kerley, who gently questioned me to make sure I understood what was happening. Do you understand that you are a sinner? Do you understand the penalty for sin? Do you repent of your sin? Do you trust Jesus and Him alone to save you? Yes, yes, yes.

My pastor baptized me a week later. That same day, my mother asked for membership.

Later, one night, three men from the church came to see my father and witnessed to him. Listening from another room, I heard him say "I believe I will." The next Sunday, he made a public profession of faith.

I thank God for the work of the Holy Spirit in illuminating, convicting and regenerating lost folks just like me. Now that's REAL salvation by grace.

#27 Tom Butler, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014