1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What were you doing when ..............

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a member of the high school track team. We were heading home from the district track meet and the coach had the bus pull off the road. We went into a small restaurant and watch Bannister break the 4 minute mile. The TV was a small black and white one.

[​IMG]

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a whole lot, May 1954, I was almost ten months old. So, I was busy pooping, eating, sleeping, and rolling around on the floor.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    May 1954. Eagerly waiting for summer vacation and for school to be out for 3 whole months!

Then Dad and I towing the boat down to the river and running it up and down the river for hours on end. Me driving and dad drinking beer. Then loading the boat back on the trailer and hooking it up to dad's new Buick and towing it home. Again, with me driving and dad taking a nap in the passenger seat.

And the next day doing it all over again!

Those were the days, my friend
    We thought they'd never end
    We'd sing and dance forever and a day
    We'd live the life we choose
    We'd fight and never lose
    Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

4. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was probably wondering if my 3rd (and final) shot as a "Polio Pioneer" would hurt more than the earlier ones. Also wondering when our beach would officially open, and whether the water was already warm enough for a comfortable swim.