1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Will Comfort You When...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Oct 29, 2013.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By line; Drew Zahn

...a commentary about that new movie, "Gravity", starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock.

"...At this climactic moment in the film (I won’t spoil what comes afterward), the gaping, painful, lonely hole in Stone’s soul is stunningly present. There’s no quick resolution, no answer offered, no one to shepherd her from life to death to the hereafter – just the vacuum of a woman facing death by herself, with no one to watch, no one to mourn, no one to talk to or comfort her, no one to even know that she is dying … just a woman and death staring into the emptiness of one another.

Wow.

For Christian audiences, her words should be haunting: “No one ever taught me how to pray.”

For non-Christian audiences, I can only hope it will challenge viewers to confront their own mortality and beliefs about death and what might lie beyond it.

But most of all, I’d like to see Christian preachers, parents and neighbors reach out to those around them with a discussion of this scene – “When your time comes, what will comfort you? Will you desire an assurance from God in that moment? Or will you fear, as Stone did, that perhaps it’s too late?

Not to fear. Here's the link.
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/starlet-faces-death-without-a-prayer/?cat_orig=faith

"When your time comes, what will comfort you?" I like that question. A question worth being asked from all pulpits across this nation.

What will comfort you when the time comes?

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Been wanting to see this film. Now I want to see it even more.