1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What will you be doing Memorial Day weekend?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 22, 2015.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why a shotgun? Bears in your area?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said for the house.

EWF: if I may, I'd recommend you check out the pawn stores. For the house, not so sure I'd recommend 22-inch barrel; the length causes the weapon to be harder to hold.

If within the budget, I'd tell you to look at a Taurus Judge. Uses .410 shells; since it's a revolver, just keep pulling the trigger.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like that. But no handguns allowed in communist nj. Only criminals have that privelage.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gun shopping…:thumbs:

Question. Do you have the ability to either borrow or rent a few shotguns and a place where your Wife can try them? When Mrs. Rolf wanted her first pistol, she was a bit nervous about recoil (she hated shooting every one of my 9mms), so we planned on a .380. Tried a number of them out, and once she was more accustomed to the kick, she decided on a compact 9mm. :laugh:

#24 Rolfe, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Side note: During our trip to the indoor range where we rented a few different pistols that Mrs. Rolf wanted to try out, there were two guys shooting in the lane next to us. One had a Judge (or Governor, I forget which), but his friend was shooting a .500 S&W. Everyone would stop shooting to watch this guy, while Wifey would just keep plinking away next to him with those little .380s completely oblivious to the .500 blast. I was so proud of her. :thumbs:

6. Gib

Gib Active Member

If the need arises I have two shotguns, a pistol and a doberman on standby. Oh, a wife on the couch that can give such a stink eye that it would make any intruder want to turn around and run the other way.

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We went to the Outer Banks for the weekend to stay with my folks. A lot of poolside sitting and barbecuing. Visited Manteo Baptist Church on their 110th birthday which was kind of neat. Got back last night. Kind of just taking a lazy day today.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have never heard of stink eye. English can be a complicated language. :laugh:

9. Gib

Gib Active Member

These should tell the story no matter what the language :laugh:

[​IMG]

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh:

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes but again you technically cannot have anything but a shotgun in the communist state of New Jersey so its a mute point. But if I pad the stock and make it abundently easy (single shot...breach loaded) I think that will work. Now if I was in a real constitution state, I think she would have a 32 for her purse.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can get a Mossberg or a Stoeger for about $200-300. Hard to beat a shotgun for home defense…but I’d go 18”. Or saw that sucker off....but then again I suppose there's that pesty legal thing you speak of....:smilewinkgrin:

13. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had the extended family over today. We barbecued brats & burgers and spent time relaxing.

Tony: How'd "the question" go?