1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What words drive you crazy?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by abcgrad94, Jul 1, 2014.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh dear. You'd better not read the thread about strapless dresses, because I think I did this twice in one post. Please don't cuss on my account! :laugh:I will try to remember that in the future.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "y'all." I use that one a lot and sometimes folks give me funny stares.

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

fil..um for "film"
    whatever in any context
    freaking,frack or basket for rude word subsitution
    madam......this is not rude in America I know, but I always feel as if I am a proprietor of a house of ill repute.

most meme things, I laugh mightily at many but why the juvenile spelling and language....

3. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

:eek:
    Remind me to not spend any time around you in person. My wife and I say ALL of these. Regularly. Usually 2 and 3 are said jokingly/sarcastically but still... :eek:

I hate:

Irregardless - Wrong! You mean "regardless"
    I could care less - Wrong, you mean "couldn't"

#23 RLBosley, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Depends on how you look at it.:applause:

Today I only care about this thread at 50%
    Next week, I will only care about 20 %

So I would be correct in saying "I could care less":smilewinkgrin:

Now, the big question is : Can I care less about this 24 page thread?

#24 Salty, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  5. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

:laugh:
    Good point. But you know what I mean.

Just saying.

;)

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know I would NOT really cuss at you or your "wifey". :laugh:

My pastor says "irregardless" ALL the time. I want to tell him, but I just let it go.

7. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

"Just let it go" I say that to myself a lot. Particularly driving in Maryland... too many Baltimorons.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

It would be better, perhaps, to say "I could care less -- but not much." :laugh:
    Yes.

But as many times as you've posted in it, "less" is a matter of perspective.

[​IMG]

9. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

The other thing I loathe is the OMG which is now a brand name as well.....it is deeply offensive in my book.

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You know, t'other day, I was eating a ham sammich, watching a fil-um of college football that envolved a three way game. I had never seen such a thing in all my life. It was AMAAAAAAZING!! It involved the Gators, Bulldogs, and Razorbacks. It was an awesome game. Just sayin'.

Then all of a sudden I heard a siren. It was the PoPo looking for someone. I walked outside to see what was going on, when the officer said he wanted to axe me a question. He asked me if I saw or heard anything in the last few minutes. I told him I heard something go BHAM a couple of blocks over, but not for sure exactly where it came from. Myself, I am no tattle-tale, because "snitches get stitches", if you know what I mean. Irregardless, I told him all I knew and went back inside.

I then turned it over to the Game Show Network and watched "The Newlywed Game", and witnessed a hubby and wifey almost coming to blows. I was thinking, don't be a hater to the hubby, you wifey. But you know, peoples will make fools of themselves anywhere nowadays. I, personally, back in the day, was not a hater of them....quote...unquote......

:tonofbricks:

PS.....I don't know if the PoPo ever caught that guy, and I could care less..........

#30 convicted1, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  11. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

You left out "Jayhawks"

[​IMG]

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Yeah, but I forgot the Jayhawks.....doh!!

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

****UPDATE****

The PoPo caught that guy. He was a freshman whiffleball player with the Kansas Jayhawks

:tongue3:

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Convicted1 : You are one wild and crazy guy (Think Steve Martin).

I thought it was wonderful how you strung all those expressions together in one post.

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yep. He's one talented guy ... now if it were only a marketable talent. :laugh:

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me!!!! :laugh:

Yeah, but I forgot the Jayhawks......doh!!!!

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Improper uses of the words who and whom.

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

T'other day I was driving down the road, when I saw an "it" thumbing for a ride. I couldn't tell if "it" was a manly looking girl, or a girly looking man, just sayin'. I went against my better judgment and stopped and picked "it" up. We started talking about family life and I asked "it" if "it" was a wifey or hubby. "It" looked at me and said, "both". I then asked "it" what was that "it" meant. "It" said it depended upon the state. In California "it" was a wifey, and in Kentucky and other conservative states, "it" was a hubby.

This startled me, and I was wondering if I needed to get the PoPo involved. "It" said "it" was hungry and pulled a turkey sammich out to eat. He unwrapped the fil-um that was wrapping it, and that sammich stunk to high heaven, if you know what I mean. "It" then said "it" wanted to axe me a question, so I said to have at it. "It" then ask me my stance on gay marriage, so I gave it to "it" with both barrells, and "it" got madder than pack of bulldogs, Gators, Razorbacks chasing a lowly, no account Tigers....just sayin'.... Myself, I braced myself for a fist, but the Bham never came. Irregardless, I went through Romans 1 and 1 Corinthians 6, explaining what Apostle Paul was talking about. "It" looked at me and said, "I could care less about your religious views", and the ire that was in his eyes was utterly AMAAAAAAAAZING!!It was awesome seeing "it" pounding "it's" fist on my dashboard, so I thought "it" was a hater. Peoples like that need to seek mental help, imo. Back in the day, it was more affordable than it is now, I guess.

"It" finally had enough of my religious views and demanded myself let "it" out. I gladly obliged "it". I did ask "it" one more question, and asked "it" if "it was a Kansas Jayhawks" fan, and "it" said "no, Missouri Tigers"....

quote unquote......

#40 convicted1, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014