1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What would show less faith than calling the police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Pastor Larry, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

In honor of JC's ridiculous thread, I thought I would start one of my own.

If your church was attacked by a gunman, or broken into by a thief, is there anyway you could show less faith than by calling the police to come and help you?

When Ezra was getting ready to lead the second group of exiles back to Palestine, he said, "I was ashamed to request from the king troops and horsemen to protect us from the enemy on the way, because we had said to the king, "The hand of our God is favorably disposed to all those who seek Him, but His power and His anger are against all those who forsake Him." (Ezra 8:22).

So if you preach that you believe God is big enough to take care of his church and his people, aren't you showing a lack of faith by calling the police to help you?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

How about locking your doors at night while your family sleeps, isn't that a show of lack of faith? If someone breaks in and threatens your family, and you call the police, or try to defend them, isn't that a lack of faith also?
    Life insurance?
    car insurance?
    home insurance?
    retirement fund/savings?
    and the list could go on and on.
    All a lack of faith.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A little thought and common sense goes a long way!

Unfortunately both are seriously lacking today.