1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"What Would the Modern Preacher Have Done?"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PastorSBC1303, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Preachers are called to preached the Word. Anyone can decide to focus on one area of theology, and that is ok, but he better preach the whole counsel of God on that area---at any rate, every area of theology terminates on the glory of God through Jesus Christ because the illumination of the Holy Spirit.

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

BTW, Paul Washer, who has a fiery-passion for lost souls, is quite Calvinistic.

3. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

It's definitely not works salvation, especially considering Paul Washer believes in sovereign grace. All it is saying, is that the grace that justifies us, sanctifies us. I know, it's so odd from what we hear in 21st century evangelicalism, and it takes awhile to adjust to, but I'm confident that if you read 1 John, Gal 5:19-21, Eph 5:5, Revelations 21:8, MT 7, Ezek 36, not in that specific order, you will start coming into contact with verses that don't fit in with the carnal Christian doctrine.

I'll post a link to a post I made before, not because it's brilliant, but because it lays out the position pretty clearly. Here's the link : http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=45357&page=5&highlight=judge+salvation

bottom post there :)

4. messagetotheplain

messagetotheplain New Member

I am glad to have listened to Paul Washers Shocking Youth Message Last Night

My wife asked me to listen to his shocking youth message he peached in 2002 last night also on youtube under Paul Washer Shocking Youth Message. This was the first time I heard him and I agree the fruit of some in many churches I've been is bad or not there at all. I woke up this morning and felt lead by the Holy Spirit to scrap my Sunday School lesson for my High School class and teach from the same text with a simular messege but adding my testimony into it and asking the youth (mostly churched) to ask themselves what fruit do they have and what they judge themselves by? I got there and there were 2 vistors one who had been once before and seeking and another that I never met before. The one filled out the vistor card which I didn't read till after the class only to find out he saw wanting to know about how to except Jesus. In that lesson I shared with them all what it takes to become a follower of Christ and the need for repenence and the asking Jesus to come into there heart. I explain the whole Gospel to them and said the choose was theirs. After class the Sunday school director came and showed me the sing in form and asked if she wanted her to talk with Evan or me too. I wanted to and knew that he had the salvation plan are ready presented to him. As I explained to him again and asked what he thought he said he has been thinking about it but in not sure. I felt if I presured this young man he would have prayed the sinners prayer out of presure not conviction. I explain it to him and told I would be there if he wanted to talk or sit down and see the scriptures I had qouted him. He will be coming every other week as he visits his dad those weeks. I as second guessing if I should have asked him more times and after watching this I realize I did the right thing. I gave him what he needs and said it's your choice. I gave my phone number and email and said call me anytime you what to talk. Since I started teaching the class one of my students realized she was baptized in our SBC church only to discover in my class she was not saved at that time and need to be rebaptized as a believer. I'm afraid this happens far to many time in my church. I see children being baptized that can even explain their salvation to the church because they have been coached or presured in to excepting Christ. I truely believe Evan is very close to becoming a follower of Christ but I will let him make the choice. I will continue to teach the word of God and pray that God would move in his life to make him want to change. I love Paul Washers peaching and I have always wished my Pastors would do the same. I have been blessed with wonderful peachers in the churches I been a member that preach the whole word of God and don't care if it upsets a few or all.