1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What would the reaction be at the church you attend?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jim, Im not calling out your own personal actions relating to the needy---I know you are personally a good Christian man who has a heart for the poor. It is most of these churches in general though who play act that they are reaching out to people when all the while they are just reaching into the pockets of there flocks. Oh they preach a good sermon & play the theological head games with folks, but they never bother to look & see the mess that is out there.

In the last 35 years of my life, I have not seen anyone really reaching out & trust me Ive looked. I do see more & more people committing suicide, more loosing homes & families & jobs & health due to no money to pay health care. Your right, you don't need to see some phony baloney skit fabricated by someone when I'm positive everyone could find it in his or her own community. My cousin just yesterday was at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore when she encountered a man who told her he just wanted some water......WATER, H2O. Not money, not food, just freaking water. She preceded to go from place to place to place till she was able to buy 2 bottles & she gave it to him. [I]"When I was thirsty you gave me to drink."[/I].... Brother, I take those pronouncements very seriously & I see Christ in the very least of my brethren. But until these so called "Christian Gathering Churches" actually get off there soft & cushy arses & actually touch the flesh of God & really truly display the Love of Christ, nobody will any longer accept you as credible.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

We're of like mind here.