1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Would You Do IF this Comes to Fruition Worldwide & You're Persecuted to Accept?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Jul 25, 2011.

?
  1. Lord Willing, I would oppose worldwide enforcement of this.

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. I believe 1 Cor. 15:50 and Gal. 5:21, thus this agenda is NOT God's Kingdom.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. I stand with the worldwide effort, it's what God wants.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I stand with the worldwide effort and against those who oppose it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This worldwide agenda is man ushering in His Kingdom via God.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. This is absolutely deceptive and is not representative of God's Kingdom nor is it His doing.

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  7. This peace & unity agenda is Gospel, and what God meant to happen, opposers will be excluded.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. I would preach this in my church that my church needs to see this movement as His Kingdom.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I will stand against those who stand against this peace effort.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. This is Satans way of eclipsing truth and Christianity & supplanting it with a false "peace."

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cross is past, the blood shed, the tomb empty, the Savior risen, the Redeemer victorious, the King seated at His Throne in heaven and His people's hearts, the Judge is at the door, the names written in His Book are sealed in, none to be added, none to be deleted, the promise had been made that He will suffer none of His people to be tempted above what they can endure.

These said, I know my flesh is weak and like Gina, I don't know how I'll react, though I hope I act with courage, but nothing I do, and nothing they do, can undo the cross and its purposes for me.

So, bring it on.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll Only Really Know...

....When we feel the razor-sharp metal penetrating the back of our neck!

This is a great post, and hopefully everyone who professes to be His will make that ultimate stand, at their very own deaths' door, with supernatural courage and faith!

We all like to talk brave, and talk a good fight! And all of us would like to think we'd be a certain way when a hypothetical situation comes to pass! However, until you face that hypothetical situation in person, it is my opinion that it is merely lip service.

Two years ago, I was admitted to the hospital with a life threatening hypertensive crisis and kidney failure. And I was honestly scared. In fact, there were three straight nights that I laid in my bed in ICU, hooked up to machines, monitors and fluids, where I believe I face-to-face with the prospect of death.

That kind of moment caused me to look the ultimate possibility, right in the eyes (so-to-speak). Would I go out screaming and kicking? Would I beg God to spare me and make deals and write spiritual and emotional checks I knew I'd never be able to cover? What would I do, should everything cease to be, and it was my time to exit this body for eternal rest. A destination that's been decided since I came to Jesus on Christmas Eve 1966, but, in my mind anf heart, a long time away!

As I gazed out the window of my room, and into the hallway, where my personal nurse and doctor were talking in all earnest about my condition (and failure to respond to treatment), the reality of being upon your own death's door doorstep couldn't have been more real, and it was on each of those nights that I could honestly look death square in the eye and proclaim "your sting has all but been removed!"

I had no doubt that if this were the end, of my often rough path, as sad as I felt in knowing I'd be leaving behind a wife of 30 years (the love-of-my-life), family and lifelong friends. I was ready to face it with a strength I had never before known.

The truth is: death is something that we must FACE on our own. You can have all your loved ones standing at your bedside, holding your hand, and reassuring you, BUT in the end, you must face that moment on our own. Alone, and that is where we discover just how deep our faith in Him really goes! That is why Jesus took our death (on the cross). So we wouldn't have to face it alone.

Think about it. No one you know, on this earth, can take your place and your death. When that moment comes to be, it is yours to face, and no one really klnows how they'll do in that moment of truth.

What I discovered that night, and the other two nights was that my faith was a lot more solid, deeper, and firm than I could have ever imagined or thought it actually was.

When it comes to death, YOUR DEATH, it is like that moment when the "rubber really hits the road!" We will truly discover our true inner mettle when that moment comes courting, and I believe it is that at that death defining moment that all of us find out if all our words of conviction are for real. We will find out if our faith is going to stand the test of time.

Somehow, I knew that nothing I did; nothing I said; nothing anyone else did, or said on my behalf could stop the inevitable. Although I had this looming sense of loneliness and persoanl loss, I was actually much more ready to face my eternal change with the kind of conviction that heros exhibit when they lay down their life for others!

I had often talked about my death (knowing it was hopefully a way on down the line), and I boldly preached about death with the kind of conviction and courage that inspired others. However, the truth is we don't know how we'll perform until we are in the midst of the very situation we knew would one day come!

I wasn't as shaken, or nervous I as often thought I might honestly be; nor was I as unsure of what laid beyond, like I assumed I might be when I actually stood on death's door step!

I can honestly tell you that I was ready to go, and strangely, there were no regrets; no fears; no doubts; no questions; no looking back. It was the strangest sense of personal courage I ever knew, and because it was so supernatural and overwhelming, I knew that the peace came directly from Him. I was certain that His peace and strength had helped me to overcome any anxiety about dying.

Somehow, from somewhere that I never knew existed, I was able to summon from deep down within me, an ninner confidence that if I was to leave this body and earth at any given moment, it would be with a spiritual courage and faith that far exceeded anything I ever thought I had within me.

Of course, I didn't depart (as you can clearly see) on any of those nights in question, but I can honestly say that I would not have left here in any state of mind or spirit, other than one of pure faith and supernatural peace!

So, in answer to the question of this post, if I were to be faced with a situation of my life for my faith in Him, I am even more convinced that I would be able to stand just as strong and filled with conviction as I was on each of those late nights in ICU.

Thanks be to the Father, that within my spirit, I know that I know that I am ready to go! :thumbs:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Ive faced death as well... Interestingly (to me, at least) was that when pressed that hard, Jesus came out.

I've since developed a talk for a children's sermon that seems to hit home very well. I do a mild version of Gallagher's "sledg-o-matic". I use toothpaste, a tomato, and whatever else is at hand. The question is, "When this gets squeezed, what comes out?" The answer is obvious -- toothpaste, tomato, etc. A follow up question is not so obvious, "When YOU get squeezed, what comes out?" Will it be Jesus, or the world?

None of us will know if or when we are granted the martyr's gift until, as righteousdude2 says, "we feel the razor-sharp metal penetrating the back of our neck!"

God forbid, that or worse, but when that time comes, what comes out of us will, in large part, be what has been placed into us, tested, built, tried, exercised, and ready.