1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What would you do ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Feb 28, 2010.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They say PG county is not a place you want to be at night, but, been to some spots of that county in the dead of night doing pest control work at business establishments after hours and, no problem.

I guess no place is really safe, and no place is exempt from violence.
    There was this spot in NW DC just right near the Maryland border near Friendship Heights, where you wouldn't expect crime, but somebody was murdered by, and I may be inaccurate here, a transient passing by in a car.
    His victim was a journalist, or something.
    This was about 2003 or thereabouts.

Working in pest control, I used to service some customers in NW DC in a neighborhood of well-kept homes just off Connecticut Avenue and I thought it was a pretty safe place, but my customer said at that time they have had three home invasions on their block.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Where I live in S. Texas, home invasions are legendary. And since we live in the county and not the city (and county response times are just short of molasses speed), the shotgun and the other various implements of protection are at hand, loaded and ready. Going to get my CHL later this year, God willing.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I thank God that He gave me wisdom to pre-check out most of the places I have chosen to live so see how safe they appeared to be at night (and of course, you don't always know.....) Most of the places I have lived as a single woman have been fairly safe that to walk upon such a situation would be odd at best.

Having said that, Man With Shotgun lives next door to me now, and he isn't afraid to use it.