1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Mar 12, 2010.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had a one surgery and my wife four since we got married 16 years ago. We have all kinds of out of pocket expenses due to her diabetes, obesity, and complications. Right now we are working toward her having lap band or gastric bypass surgery to help change her eating habits. The Lord has blessed me with working with an excellent company that pays wells and has a tremendous benefits package.

So I can understand where you are coming from, carpro.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I just wanted to say to everyone that the responses to this thread have been fantastic. The real life stories put a real perspective on this issue. This has not been an easy two months for me. There is the pain and recovery after an operation, but there is also trying to keep a positive attitude. Some days are rough. Of course, I always knew we all die. It is just having never been in a hospital before, this is like a cold bucket of water in the face, letting me know I am mortal, up close and personal. No doubt others learned this much earlier. It is also obvious I took my good health for granted for 57 years, while others have suffered for years with one condition or another. I have lots to be thankful for, as had they not found the clogged arteries, I would not have been around much longer.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

how are they supose to pay for it? a prisoner is in the legal custody of the state (much as your child is in your legal custody), the state has taken responsibility for them

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

we have a medical bill we're paying on right now, we got some help from the hospital in pay, and they asked us how much we could pay monthly, we told them and thats all they expect from us, an amount we can live with and not go without. Most all hospitals will allow the payments to be what you can afford.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hang in there , Brother. It will get better.

What you have gone through has brought you face to face with your mortality.

It'll change your life. It changed mine. Make the most of it.

Will pray for your quick and complete recovery. :praying:

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last surgery I had, I was in the hospital right next to a violent prisoner who had gotten himself into a fight at the prison. He was HUGE, like 6'4 and about 350 pounds. He was shackled and accompanied by 2 guards. It must have been a bad fight for him to need hospitalization/surgery. Guess who had to pay for that? We the taxpayers.

I think that the violent offenders, like murders and rapists, should be given healthcare only if they or their family agree to pay for it. Otherwise, I say give 'em an aspirin and tell them to deal with it.

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With my medical bills, the hospital demanded payment in full within 3 months, after which you get turned over to a collection agency. The collection agency will allow you to make payments, but they set the payment amount.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once it goes to collections, the damage is done. There is no incentive for you to pay it at all and they can't do a thing if you don't.