1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What would you eat?? Scenerio inside...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by annsni, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

:applause: Blue cod deep fried and a mountain of world famous (In NZ) chips with a pineapple and also a banana fritter from the excellent fush and chupperie around the corner, with a glass of Bundaberg Ginger Beer.......yum :applause:

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Lol... :laugh:

Well, in answer to the OP: beef... (and not the sorry cheap American imitation). At least a kilo of good argentine, pampas raised beef, killed the day before I bought it (which is not unusual) slowly cooked over wood coals for about 3 hours on the parrilla (grill). Throw in some good chorizo sausages and fresh baked bread, and you have a kings meal.:thumbs:

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chicken-n-dumplins made by some real old lady.

Home made apple pie (probably made by the same real old lady!).

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No worries! I like it when money is no object (because it usually is).

After painting the other day (and being exhausted at the end of the day), we ordered baby back ribs for pick up. Really, really hit the spot.

5. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, cost isn't a consideration, and health issues aren't involved. A restaurant near us serves a 40oz. Monster Sirloin with Double Potato, Double Salad, and Double Bread.

I'm not saying I could actually eat 2 1/2 lbs of Steak, but I'd make a dent in it. :laugh:

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

If I could have whatever I wanted and not have to worry about health, I would live on junk food and pre-cooked foods from the freezer at the store. I'm a junk food junkie, but health problems prevent me from having as much fat, sugar, or salt as I once did and wish I still could. I've become a label reader. I cook everything myself--except for a few things I buy that I shouldn't. I just get so tired of depriving myself. I'm diabetic and have to be careful of my sugar intake. Life just isn't fair.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know what's funny? I can't answer my own question with just one answer. :)

I'm a mood eater. I'll eat what I'm in the mood for. Chances are, Baskin Robbins chocolate chip ice cream in the container would be part of it but otherwise it might be a gyro and Greek salad from the Greek place, a supreme burrito from the Mexican place or else even a big burger from the local diner. What would I choose today? The gyro, salad then finish off with ice cream. :)

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

This isn't something I've been exactly craving for, but it is something that I remember from about five years ago.

Back in March - May, 2003, my Tennessee Air National Guard unit was deployed to Saudi Arabia in support of the early part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

We, of course were housed in "tent city" and had a separate set of tents just for the mess hall facility. Over all, the food was for the most part tolerable. But they did have this one item that was prominently featured on their breakfast menus. It was what we called the "MYSTERY" omelet.

The mystery was these little brown crunchy things in it.

Nobody knew exactly what they were, and none of us was in that much of an inquisitive mood as to ask the head of the mess hall facility what these little brown crunchy things were either.

Someone publicly did make this statement however. He asked those of us who were deeply engrossed in visually inspecting said omelet, "You guys ever notice how clean and well kept this mess tent is when they serve these omelets? Why, there's not a single cockroach to be found!" :thumbs:

Hmmmm. :eek:

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

A Big Mac at the local Golden Arches Drive Thru.!

Hey, I know, compared to some of the other things here, this is terrible fare, but I was in a hurry, that day. ;) :D :laugh:

Ed

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

A big ole homemade hamburger with cornbread and peas, a big ole fat onion sliced and a plate full of fried Okra and sweet tea

You touch my plate---I chop you fingers off!!!!:thumbs: :laugh: :laugh: