1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whats a good book on the end times ?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by A&I, Dec 28, 2006.

1. A&I

A&I New Member

I ahven;t read one in a while . Give me some idea;s .

2. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Things to Come by Dwight Pentecost is most excellent. Scholarly written, yet not "high and lofty," it is easily understandable.
    The Prophecy Knowledge Handbook by John Walvoord is good, also. It is now under a new title, but I forget what the new one is.

3. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

The Gathering Storm , Gen. Editor Mal Couch, is a newer one that I have, but haven't read yet. Contributors include: Kerby Anderson, Thomas Ice, Dave Hunt, Paul Benware, and several others.

4. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best I've ever read was "The Momentous Event" by W J Grier, was published by The Banner Of Truth Trust some years back, not sure if it's still available. Just remember, in the end God will do it His way regardless of what any of the books say.

Regards
    Bob

5. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

If you are looking for a theological approach Things To Come is one of the best. If you are looking for an interesting read Hal Linssey's The Late Great Planet Earth though old is still pretty good.

A more recent one is Escape The Coming Night by David Jeremiah and is more of a cross between the two aforementioned books.

thjplgvp

6. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I have not read this one Bob I'll have to but it on my list of books to get this year. Thanks

thjplgvp

7. mnw

mnw New Member

I believe this book is from the reformed/amillennial camp is it not? I have it among an old series of Puritan Paperbacks, I believe it is still available.

My choice would be Things to Come by Dwight Pentecost. Comprehensive, yet understandable.

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Thanks MNW,

I went back and looked it up. I should know by now to investigate before typing. It is indeed amillennial.

thjplgvp

#8 thjplgvp, Jan 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2007