1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's a Pro-Lifer to do?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Debby in Philly, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the way things are turning out in the presidential race, who can a Pro-Lifer really support? And why?

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think you should only consider that as one part of the candidates criteria. Check out how they stand on all other issues that concern you before you decide.

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Vote third party.

love,

Sopranette

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Pray that the Republicans will adopt a pro-life platform during their convention this summer. Then if they do not we will have to consider other options. Chances are good that the Republicans will run on a pro-life agenda.

Blessings

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Switch to a different Party. Vote your cnscience and not the lesser of two evils.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I am not saying you have done this, but your question will be one asked many many times between now and November. So I will answer although it's not directed at you.

You should have considered this while there was someone in the race that was ProLife that would have been good for this country..

Ron Paul! :)

Jamie

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lives of innocent children are always worth making a priority over all other politics.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It has been coming for over a year. We beat the subject to death on this board of ending up with two sad candidates. It could have been worse. Romney or Giuliani could have gotten the nomination.

You have three choices. First, wait and see who McCain picks for VP. If he is pro life, and since McCain is pro life (although liberal in other areas), you might vote for that ticket

Two, seek out a third party that is pro life. The Constitution Party nominates its candidate in late April.

Leave the office blank when you vote in November.

9. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right now I'd say vote the lesser of the two evils. Unfortunately, a vote for a third party will only split the conservative vote and ensure a pro-abortion candidate gets in.:BangHead:

10. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

If Lenin was the Democratic candidate and Hitler was the Republican, some Americans would still be wringing their hands over trying to choose the "lesser of two evils". No wonder why so many people chose not to even bother voting. Our voting process has become stale, at best.

love,

Sopranette

11. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ugh! That's just how I feel about this election, like 6 one way and half a dozen the other way. We're doomed if we do vote, and doomed if we don't.

12. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You got the banging head right at least..... It's ALWAYS the lessor of two evils it seems. I don't even know why good people try to run when the american people don't want them in office.

Jamie

13. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You said a sad but extremely true thing. :tear:

Jamie

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and this is why one must vote the lesser of two evils, IMO. A known vote for a third party candidate you know will not be president WILL ensure a "pro choice (murderer)" candidate will be our next president.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nowadays the two major parties' platforms aren't worth the paper they are written on. I doubt that either party's nominee even reads his party's platform.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

One would become president if you vote or not so you not voting won't keep either evil out the office. I would be more afraid of Hitler so would probably vote Lenin depending who the third party person was.

17. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I would vote for the candidate I believed would serve this country best, no matter how unprobable his win might be. It is never an okay thing with me to vote against a lesser desirable candidate, and it is never okay with me to choose someone who will not uphold the ideas that will reshape this country towards a better future. I would also never NOT vote.

love,

Sopranette