1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's at Stake?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Dec 18, 2010.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

These two people weren't saved by "theology", but by Grace. When I was a sinner, I knew nothing(well what "little" I knew constituted "nothing") about either side. I would believe that both were saved, provided their "works"(not to be kept "saved", but to show they "are" saved) show that they have been born again.

I do not think that we should pick their brains, but asking them what brought them to their conclusions is okay. So in the end, nothing is at stake. If they are saved, it is by "Grace through faith", not "Calvinism" or "arminianism". I hope this help!! :thumbs:

i am I am's!!

Willis

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

To clarify what I meant when I stated that "nothing's at stake" is this: if these two people are saved, that is etched in stone, steadfast, unmovable, anchored in Christ sure!!

It's not the "theological system" they have that saved them, considering neither of them knew about either system prior to salvation. We could have went to church everytime the church door opened and went to hell. Going to church didn't guarantee us a home in heaven, but it did put us where we could hear the word(faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God{Rom. 10:17?}(they that hear shall live), see the CHRISTians rejoicing as the Spirit move in them, and hear the shouts of praises. By hearing His word preached, it caused me to take a look at my life and where it was leading me. Then God put a Godly sorrow in my life(2Cor. 7:10), and I began to beg, plead, cry, bawl, for His mercy. When I turned it all over to Him, He did what He promised! Now I am His, and that is etched in stone, steadfast, unmovable, anchored in Christ sure!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

i am I am's!!

Willis

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Giving the credit to whom it belongs:

...that no flesh should glory before God. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus....He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. [1 Cor 1]

who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. [Jn 1]

#23 kyredneck, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010
  4. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

What is at stake

If calvinism is correct nothing is at stake. Those who are going to be saved are going to be saved. We receiving the glory for us believing in the work of Christ I don't see it. That is in a man's imagination and if they believe they receive the glory the truth is not in them.

If one is being hindered to come to Christ because they were lied by God and He didn't love the world that He sent His Son. That one is continue being lost because what we believe is the truth isn't. We are another Saul before he became Paul, but if calvinism is completely right we have nothing to concern ourselves with.

James 5:
    The Prayer of Faith
    13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

I have no concern if calvinism is right, my concern is if they are wrong and we do make a difference.

#24 psalms109:31, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010