1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Friend of God, Dec 27, 2011.

1. LadyofLight

LadyofLight New Member

Hello all, I'm having portabello mushrooms stuffed with cranberries, feta, and covered with a balsamic vinegar glaze; brussels sprouts in creme fraiche; and homemade garlic butter breadsticks. Yum.

2. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

it is the Canadian Thanksgiving here today so we had a turkey with all the fixings. It was quite the feast. We'll probably be eating turkey for the next week. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

We're having something with Polish sausage and potatoes.

4. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

I am not sure what is for dinner today. I am invited out to my son's place so whatever it is it will be good. Always a great when I don't have to do the cooking. I, also, love when I get to spend time with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson. My daughter and grand daughter are also going so it will be a nice little family get together.

5. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

Today we are having chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Oh yes and we are having strawberry shortcake for dessert. I am looking forward to it. I always enjoy a nice big dinner on Sunday. It is the one time when we can actually sit down and enjoy a nice meal together.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

We had chili and cornbread for lunch, so dinner will be lighter, much lighter ;)

7. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

I love chili. I have been craving it for sometime now. We are planning on making a big pot of it next weekend. I can't wait. Now that the weather is so cool here. It is nice to be able to sit down to a nice warm bowl of chili. It is is my favorite comfort food and it is a great way to warm you up.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder where FOG has been??? I hope all is OK!!

Yesterday my son and I ran errands and we stopped at Costco to return something and pick up a few things. Every time I'm there, I pick up a rotisserie chicken so I think we will have that, roasted potatoes and three bean salad along with it. :)

9. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

We are probably just going to have a goulash. We have all the stuff to make one and I always enjoy it. It is different every time but always good.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We are having pot roast here. FINALLY bottom round roasts are under $3 a lb. and I have a ton of potatoes to use up as well so pot roast and mashed potatoes it is!

11. Rose @ Walnut Acre

Rose @ Walnut Acre New Member

Green beans, sausage and potatoes cooked together, apple slices, and cheddar melts :)

12. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

I made a big pot of Seafood chowder over the weekend. It is loaded with all kinds of different fish, haddock, clams, shrimp, oysters, scallops, etc. It is really very good. I even shared it with our elderly neighbors who really appreciated and enjoyed it!