1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's Really Driving $5 Gasoline Worries

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Borneol

Borneol New Member

From what I've read, there are a number of actions Obama can do to lower fuel costs. But he is not interested in doing that. He believes America should run on alternative energy. Sadly, as we have found out from the billions lost in green ideas promoted by the President, alternative is not ready for prime time use. And often times government picking winners and losers leads to crony capitalism.

Yesterday the President's main idea mentioned in an energy speech for lower gas costs was further development of algae oil for diesel vehicles. I recall looking into this idea myself 10 years ago. From what I recall, the oil could work in the summer months, but during winter time with cooler weather, the oil is likely to gum up engines. That is something that can be overcome, plugging cars in to heat the oil tank, but an inconvenience.

Like so many green ideas, sounds neat in theory, but in practice hard to imagine the idea of producing large quantities of oil from algae cheaply working out. It will be touted as a fuel of the future, and my guess is in 50 years we will be saying the same things about algae oil, sometime in the future.

"Growing Solyndra Green Scandal Is Just One of Many"

http://news.investors.com/article/602121/201202231855/new-obama-green-stimulus-scandals-surface.htm

snippet: