1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's The Difference Between all the Baptist fellowships

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Pearl, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Pearl

Pearl New Member

What's The Difference Between all the Baptist fellowships? Do all Baptist believe the same theology? What is American Baptist Theology? Can you give me some websites to go to so I will understand?

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pearl, the difference between the various Baptist associations, conventions, and fellowships is such a broad topic that it is difficult to know where to begin. So I have decided to link you to 2 (two) topics that might be a decent beginning. Denominational Sites has a number of links to Baptist groups. Baptist Groups in the USA has info on (or at least names) most of the Baptist groups in the United States.

[ March 15, 2002, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: rlvaughn ]

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are there differences in EVERY denomination? Different folks interpret the Word of God (or whatever their source of authority) differently. This is the "human" element in the divine.

Hard to paint Baptists with any broad brush but here are a couple things that characterize almost ALL Baptists:</font>
    • Salvation by faith thru grace. Conscious decision of person old enough to make such a decision</font>
    • Baptism by immersion of the above as a symbol, not a means of getting to heaven</font>
    • Independence of the believer as a priest before God, and of each church (hence so many other differt associations and conventions)</font>
    Of course there is a lot more, but these serve as a starting point to differ us from Catholic or Lutheran or Mormon.