1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's up with all the Catholic threads?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by targus, Jan 17, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

It seems that there has been a rash of Catholic (perhaps more better described as anti-Catholic threads) on the board of late.

In that Catholics are not allowed to join the board and therefore can not respond or defend themselves - what is the point?

It feels alot like gossip.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Some of the catholics started the threads, some lied to say they were baptists. it isn't true that catholics are not allowed to join the board, they are just like any denomination is, but according to rules are only allowed to post in the other denominations forums, they are not allowed to post in the baptist only forums, which is why some joined and lied and said they were baptists, apparently they then went back to their rcc only boards and bragged about trouble they caused here. Had it not been for this recent incident there probably would not be the explosion of catholic threads now.

3. targus

targus New Member

It is my understanding that any application by someone identifying themselves as Catholic would not be approved.

Signing up under false pretense is wrong and those persons should be banned for that reason alone.

4. Repent-or-Burn

Repent-or-Burn New Member

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I do think it is a more recent decision to not allow Catholics to join. That is why one had to change his denomination to "Christian" to get on and begin posting.

6. targus

targus New Member

I thought that I read something that DHK psoted that said that Catholics were purged and no lnoger allowed to join starting like two years ago.

Who here is Catholic?

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

A bunch of catholics were banned a few years ago, being they worked hard at causing trouble, not all catholics were banned, some were good posters. I don't recall for sure if catholics were permanently banned from joining, I don't seem to recall it like that, but maybe.
    but it's whatever the owner wants.

8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently, several, and they argue all the time. I see one member that says they are Orthodox Christian, so I cut and pasted the definition of that group from Wikipedia:

"The Orthodox Church, also officially called the Orthodox Catholic Church[note 1] and commonly referred to in English-speaking countries as the Eastern Orthodox Church,[note 2] is the world's second largest Christian communion, estimated to number 300 Million [4][5][6][7] It is considered by its adherents to be the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ and his Apostles almost 2,000 years ago."

THAT is simply catholic under a different name.

9. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi targus

All “anti-Catholic threads” have a purpose;
    To warn us, of the great danger of this false religion.

As the Lord’s return draws near, more and more pressure is going to be put on us, to join up with the Catholics, as our “brothers in Christ”, and we need to constantly reminded of how foolish this would be.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Some have referred to them as “just another denomination”, but this is not the case.
    They preach a different gospel, they worship a different Jesus, and they have their own mediator between God and man.

I love them, and minister to them as I can, to bring them to Christ;
    But we must never forget, they are in Spiritual darkness, and need to get saved.

10. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is so much tougher to present the truth to someone who believes that they have the truth, and it does resemble the truth! Ergun Caner, in the undergraduate "world views" class at Liberty Univ, taught that those religions that are blatantly imitations of the truth are so much harder to deal with, and catholicism is one of those.

My oldest grand daughter has a very nice boyfriend who is catholic. We have gotten into arguments, and he declares he is saved. I ask him if he is truly saved, how can he continue to worship in a church full of idols and religious symbolism. He cannot answer that, he avoids it - he says Jesus is his Saviour. I cannot judge, it is not my job. But I will continue to argue with him everytime he does something "catholic".