1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's wrong with "bishop" and "bishopric"? Nothing!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Will J. Kinney, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

William, I'm not going to debate you. Your very posts are filled with venom and insults, not to mention skirting very close to breaking the rules of this forum. You are not here to debate. You are here to preach from your soap box. I'm not going to play your game. Good day!!

#21 sag38, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG]

This is entirely uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FTR, Mexdeaf uses this name tag, as one who is physically impaired in his hearing, unlike some who appear to be 'spiritually impaired' in hearing.

Ed

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I request the Moderators to close this thread, which is serving no useful purpose, IMO!

Ed

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I agree. I agree again. (Not to be repetitive but to have enough words to post) :smilewinkgrin:

5. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I dont think Will meant his comment to be an insult as you are reading into it.My goodness people wear their feelings on their sleves in here.Dont say nothing against my precious version or you will be scolded but its ok for you to say bad things about the KJV.

We are not to jump to conclusions to quick.You should ask Will if he meant what he said towarge what you think it means?

God bless in Jesus.

Steven.

6. Will J. Kinney

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you really believe about the Bible?

Sag, I am honestly trying to get people to THINK about what they REALLY believe about "The Bible". I want people to seriously examine their stand on the inerrancy of the Scriptures. Do I sometime push your buttons? You bet. It's to get you to actually think about what you are saying and see if it holds water or not.

Are you aware of the FACT that fewer and fewer Christians today believe in the inerrancy of the Bible? The Bible itself tells us that there will be a falling away from the faith in the last days before the return of Christ in glory. The Bible tells us that God Himself is going to send a famine of hearing His words. (See Amos 8:11-12). Jesus Christ Himself rhetorically asks: "When the Son of man cometh shall He find faith on the earth?" - Luke 18:8

So when I ask you to actually defend in a logical way your previous statements about "God's inspired words being found in a variety of versions", you cannot honestly defend that position. So what do you do instead? You blame the messenger and accuse me of being full of venom and insults, soap boxing, and playing games.

Now if you want to actually try to defend your previous words about where we can find God's inspired and inerrant words today, I would love to hear it.

Will K

7. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I honestly dont believe some of these people will accept the fact that God`s Word is under attack.The Jesuit order was behind getting the ball to rolling in destroying the faith in God`s Word and yes it is a conspiracy whether its believed or not.The facts are out there.

Before Westcott and Hort was sent in to destroy faith in Gods word men believed they had God`s Word in english in the Bible.

I will stick to what my parents and grand parents and great great great grand parents believed to be the inerrant,infallible,Words of the Living God in the old black good book they called it which was the KJ AV.

In Jesus love.

Steven.

#27 pilgrim2009, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
  8. Will J. Kinney

Faith:
    Baptist
    apology

In that case I sincerely apologize. I did not know that he was actually physically deaf or impaired. I am sorry for what I said.

However, please try not to over react to my unwitting ignorance of his physical state. It would have been better to inform me that he was physically impaired and that what I said was inappropriate. I can see that now. However when you call for shutting down the topic, I suspect that far more motivates you than just my comment about his deafness.

By the way, it doesn't go unnoticed that you yourself have not exactly turned the other cheek, by referring to me as "spiritually impaired". Does an intentional insult cancel out an unintentional insult?

Let's deal with the issue of the inerrancy of the Bible, if you're up to it.

Will K

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That just tickled me. Sorry. Defending a man-made translation, with all its shortcomings, is NOT defending the Word of God.

But you know that.

10. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Now that is a real Christian and the love in truth.I dont understand why it is so hard for some to believe that Gods word is only inspired in the originals when He never promised us the Originals but He did promise to preserve us His living and powerful word sharper than any twoedged sword.And to believe any old Bible will do is un-thinkable.Gods book is not just any book.It is what God will Judge us by on that day when we are Judged.Amen.

I second your motion to continue the debate.

In Jesus love.

Steven.

11. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I am sorry thats what you were taught to believe in bible school.If the bible is full of errors then you should know where they are and correct them.As for me I believe God kept His promise in one book.

God bless.

Steven.

12. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't speak for Dr. Bob or anyone else on here but it is not that we believe the Bible has errors in it at all. We believe that it was written by God, who does not make errors. But the translations were written by men and they - like you and I - do make errors.

I know that this won't placate you or convince you that we are not unbelievers and liberals, but as someone who has stood for God's Word as inerrant and infallible I resent like crazy your implication that because I don't see the KJV or even the textus Receptus the same way you do that I am a liberal.

13. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Tom, ignore them. Maybe they will go play somewhere else.

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Apology accepted.

I do believe in the inerrancy of the original autographs, which has been the historic conviction on Bible believers up until the some began to assign that attribute solely to the KJV. No translation, by definition, can attain to the inerrancy of the originals which were the only 'God-breathed' words.

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

My God is too big to be limited to one sole English version. And He needs no help "defending" it. There will be no crowns in Heaven for doing so, I'm afraid.

He would be more honored by people getting out there and sharing the truth from whatever version they have instead of going around trying to prove that everybody else's Bible is wrong.

16. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Who do you think penned the originals ghost?

How can you believe satan has not attacked the word of God or would not?

In Christ.

Steven.

17. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

It doesnt bother you that many words are missing in the modern day bibles?

Do you believe that the more fruit a tree has got is better than a fruitless tree?

Logic brother logic.

In Jesus.

Steven.

18. Will J. Kinney

Faith:
    Baptist
    the "word of God"

Hi Bob. Apparently you are very keen on defending the words of God. So, would you mind telling us where we can all get a copy of this word of God you are referring to so we can see the similarities and differences to whatever it is we are reading now?

Thanks,

Will

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Doesn't it bother you that words are missing from the KJV that are in the Greek and Hebrew?

I have seen fruit from many Bible translations. I began a church on the mission field using a Bible that was not a KJV. I am now pastoring in the USA and seeing fruit from a Bible that is not the KJV.

There isn't any new ground being plowed here so I'll leave you all to your delusions.

God bless. :thumbs:

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Any good Bible bookstore has several good ones. If folks wouldn't spend so much time 'straining out gnats and swallowing camels', they might even find time to use 'em instead of bragging (or ragging) about 'em.

With that, I'm off. Y'all have a nice evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.