1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's wrong with BJU?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by samarelda, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

There's a world of difference between saying that the university "backed down", as though they weren't taking the offense seriously and this article you cite telling us that a judge ordered them to reinstate the students.

Looks like you got caught this time.

And I have pointed out why it's not a double standard.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

Ok, I will give you that. It was the national fraternity that backed down and reinstated the charter rather than face a lawsuit. Auburn actually went to court and followed the Judge's instructions.

I see a double standard, you don't. I never saw the racism in the dating rule at BJ to start with. Have you ever dated there, I have. It aint much of a date anyway.

I do have a great deal of respect for your school and have many friends who went to Auburn, including one who graduated when it was still Alabama Polytechnic Institute.

But I did enjoy that football game last year.

NCTentmaker, Ga Tech '89

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No, I don't. I believe you're ignoring that one was students, punished by the school and the other was the school, itself, who celebrated it's racism.

That's not a double standard.

In all fairness, I have a step-sister who went to BJU (that's how I know it's history so well) and, I've got to be honest with you, the girls there make me wonder if burquas aren't such a bad idea, after all.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

By the way, am I the only one here who sees the irony in that the guy who is insisting that BJU isn't racist is getting his information from a white supremecist website?

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

It is a quotation of an AP story.

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

Or do you think the Associated Press is white supremecist? You may actually have a point there. They are probably more racist than BJU.

7. Nord

Nord New Member

You even admitted that you knew of their history and what that school was built on. Are you now denying what you admitted earlier?

I disagree. They have a long and well known history of racism.

And I don't mean this unkindly, but there is no intellectual or logical support for ignoring the history or nature of that school.
    </font>[/QUOTE]:confused: :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No, you linked to stormfront.org, which is a notorious white supremecist outfit.

9. North Carolina Tentmaker

stormfront.org is a white supremecist website and when I did a web search for the Auburn University story they came up because they have a copy of the Associated Press article posted on their website.

My quotation from stormfront is of an AP story that they were so proud of they have it posted. And it dealt strictly with the Auburn story.

10. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Back in the old days, did you ever try re-inking printer ribbons? The cartridges can be opened up and ink can be applied to the coiled-up ribbon inside. Or the entrire ribbon can be cranked past a pad that applies the ink on the run. Once you bought your bottle of special ink, you were good to go and could save a lot of money.

It was important, though, not to scratch your nose if it itched.

There's something about that ink that makes it migrate to everything nearby. It gets on your fingers, then you find it on your nose and various other places. No matter how careful you think you are, it just keeps spreading and showing up and making a general mess of things.

The word "racism" is like that.

At least, when it is cast against white people.

11. Palmetto Boy

Palmetto Boy New Member

I was at Bob Jones after the interacial dating rule was dropped. I dated a black girl and (disappointingly) it didn't even raise any eyebrows. (Meanwhile I had a black friend whose parents wouldn't let him date white girls, so the rule change wasn't much help. :rolleyes: )

If you look at the BJU webpage you will notice that they have a minority scholarship and a hispanic scholarship. You will also see that this week is their Bible Conference. I just checked the schedule and saw that Hantz Bernard, a black man, preached today.

The racist charges ring hollow.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hantz Bernard ! He was one of the contributing authors of a sequel to the book "From The Mind Of God To The Mind Of Man " . His chapter was my favorite . He is quite knowledgeable . I would love to hear him preach ! Too bad I am so far away .

13. Eleazar the Ahohite

Eleazar the Ahohite New Member

They profess to believe in the inspiration of a Bible they don't have and teach students how to tear apart the King James Bible.

They are not the only ones who do that. Recommend two conflicting authorities, and the educated, respected scholars become ultimate judge and final authority.

14. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Folks do not turn this into a KJVO debate. There is a Bible Versions and Translations Forum where such things are discussed. Anymore KJVO posts here will be deleted without question.

Yours in Christ,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

[ March 30, 2006, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

15. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

With all due respect, Bible-boy, I think that E the A's criticism of a school I support, criticizing them because they believe something that I, too, believe, was entirely appropriate for this thread.

I don't particularly like the thread, but I think E the A had just as much right to voice that criticism as any other. More, perhaps, because he is at least telling the truth, albeit in Pidgin Ruckmanese dialect.