1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What's Wrong with Younger Pastors'???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 1, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Yes, but please read my exlanation....

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. No, because my pastor is older [please explain and give age]

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. I've noticed this and heard it from others, but this isn't so at my church!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. The younger generation of pastors are not as friendly/socialable

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. It makes no difference to me!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. No opinion....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Here are my thoughts on this question/subject....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. This is more judgemental, and, and it should be kept to oneself!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Galatians 5:22 lists the fruits of the Spirit. There are many verses about individuals of a church working together as a unit with the local church to make the whole.

I think Eph 4 1-16 is one excellent example

4 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it[a] says:

“When he ascended on high,
    he took many captives
    and gave gifts to his people.”

9 (What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions[c]? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thank You:thumbs:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't disagree about gifting. I disagree on the 'call'.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Call it whatever you will. I have a gifting to pastor. Or perhaps better said, the giftings to be a pastor.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing that does bother me is the calling of pastors to specific duties. I have never seen a pastor who received a doctorate be “called” as a bi-vocational pastor of a small church. I have never seen a pastor who has no seminary experience be "called " (or at least accepted) to pastor a mega church. This leads me to wonder how much is “calling” and how much is a business oriented decision.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya think:thumbs:

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Occasionally.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Awesome! You have desired an excellent thing ;)

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Peter 4:10 NKJV
    As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.