1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whats Your Family Like?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Bible Believing Bill, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Pastor Bob

Pastor Bob New Member

I have a beautiful frickled face wife that I married after our 2nd date in 1977.(Met in single adults class, Lamar Baptist Church, Wichita Falls Tx. (Kids, don't try that, it is unusual and not recommended. [​IMG] She has been a blessing to my ministry. When I quit as a plant manager in 1991, and went into the ministry full time, and even dragged her away from living near her parents....Not one complaint. She is my greatest 'earthly' encourager.(And she is really good at bringing up my sermons to me when I am down!)
    She hasn't aged a bit (Why is it people with frickles stay young looking?...wished I had frickles!)

My son Matthew,20,is a computer technician and works at Lake Region Medical (Maker of those titanium wires,etc they use to do heart cath procedures)in Pittsburgh. He also works in the sound room at our church and participates in our plays, etc. He has always been an excellent child....went to Christian school thru 10th graded. He went to tech. school his last 2 years of high school.

We have a 28 pound tabby cat (really) who thinks he is King of the Jungle (really again!) ;)
    -Pastor Bob-

2. Kathy

Kathy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pastor Bob:
    We have a 28 pound tabby cat (really) who thinks he is King of the Jungle (really again!) ;) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious? I had a cat that didn't go an ounce over 9 pounds! Your cat weighs more than my 20 month old daughter Shannen! LoL!

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

P.S. Tabby needs to click on e-diets? *hehe* KIDDING! ;)

3. Pastor Bob

Pastor Bob New Member

Kathy,
    Yes, very serious. He is huge. He IS on a diet and it is starting to work. I haven't weighed him in a couple weeks, but you can tell he has lost some weight.

He lays around on his back with his legs straight up in the air (until a stranger or another cat or dog comes around.) :eek:
    -Pastor Bob-

4. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Margie and I have known each other 25 years but have only been married since April. We live with her daughter, Jennifer in a trailer in the woods east of the town of Fork Union, Virginia (yeah, we's them kinda Southerners). We have a loving Christian home that sits on my paternal family's homeplace of 99 years. My widowed mother lives next door and my brother, his wife and two children just beyond that. If one travels another quarter of a mile down the same road, my birth home is still there as well. I borrowed a little internet space from my church web page so that I could show you all a picture of us. I'm proud of how the girls look but I was unable to crop myself from the page effectively. ;) Thanks for asking.
    http://www.churches.net/churches/fubc/Just%20us%20Three.gif

May God bless you

- Clint

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]

5. SueLyn

SueLyn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Bob Griffin:
    [QB]WOW! Two GREAT testimonies of God's wonderful grace.

Suekielyn - We have some things in common. I have a grandson "Noah", too, and a clean-but-empty nest! Love it when he can come for a few days and the house is a cyclone again.

How old were your kids when your families "blended"? I have heard "horror stories about that; were you believers at the time and did your faith/church help you with your expanded parental roles?
    QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Dr. Bob, our first and only grandson, Noah, is an absolute delight. Our daughter lives an hour and a half away but she always brings him to see us at least twice a month.
    About our blended family...we both were counseled by our pastors before we divorced. My husband was another denomination of Baptist, Free Will Baptist. When we met and decided to remarry we again went to my pastor for counseling. The children were young, 5, 7, and 8 years old. And without God in our lives...I shudder to think what would have happened. :eek: Our children soon realized they had a stable home for the first time in their lives. Our children still visited their other parents at least once a month. I've had other parents that are trying to blend families ask us what we did that made our children love us both so much. I always answer them...God, first and foremost, and never, ever speak badly of their other parents and I do mean NEVER. For me personally, I feel I was blessed many times over when I became a step-mom to Torri and T.J., I can't imagine my life without them. This blended family was and still is a great success.
    Sue

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm probably the old man on this site at 55 and, hey that's the speed limit. First of all I want to thank the Lord for all my joys and sorrows... It helped me grow!

I'm a native Of San Diego, California which is rare in this part of the country. I always felt there was a God as far back as I can remember. When I was saved?... My KJV tells me by Jesus Christ on the cross and I will leave it at that.

Here's my vital statistics so you don't have to guess... I stand 5'11, 230, bald with fenders, hazel eyes and a food belly. I have one wife and two kids... actually they are not kids anymore... Both are adults... I have a daughter 22 and a son 21.

I've been married for 28 years and was engaged for 6 years before that. I married my wife in 1973 and we have been together ever since.

I joined Little Bethany Primitive Baptist Church in 1968 and was baptised after having gone with my folks since the age of seven. I had recently returned from a tour in Vietnam with the Marines, where I was with the tank division.

My Dad and Mom belonged to Little Bethany before I joined and many time I would stand by my father and help lead song service. I have 3 other siblings that were never interested in church. Dad was a deacon and church clerk and passed away 5 years ago and passed the torch to me. Though I am the church clerk, I'm not a deacon yet but have the liberty to speak when called upon.

My children were both born handicapped learning disabled and besides some other problems, my daughter Faith was born hearing-impaired and my son Travis was born deaf. Other than that they are OK!

My wife and daughter are avid church goers and my wife attends an Assemblies Of God Church and my daughter Journey which came out of the Jesus Freak movement in the 60s.
    Do I have any problem that they worship different than I do?... No! They have the right to worship as the Lord directs them.

My son doesn't attend church because he has no interest in it and most of the churches he attended did not make provisions for his deafness so he quit.

My daughter lives with us as does my 4 month old granddaughter Bethany because my son-in-law David is attending Marine school in Mississippi and Faith want to be with us while he's gone.

I'm strictly Prmitive Baptist and strictlty adhere to the KJV and am happy with my position in my belief and my standing in the Lord. I believe what I believe and will defend it as I'm sure you will defend the bible you study to the best of your ability. My handle comes from one of the defenders of the truth Tyndale. He was the martyr who declared as he was being burned at the stake... "GOD OPEN THE EYES OF THE KING OF ENGLAND"... From there came the KJV that I read and defend!

I also like good clean humor and stories and poems and you can find me adding them frequently. I have also been to many other sites on the Baptist Board. So when you see my handle drop by for a laugh or cry or some serious discussion. I'm also a very good listener. I live by this scripture: "Consider what I say and the Lord giveth thee the understanding!"... Brother Glen :D

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]