1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's your favorite genre of Christian music?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Lonekrusader, Mar 15, 2005.

?
  1. Traditional hymns

41.2%
  2. Country Gospel

5.9%
  3. Bluegrass

5.9%
  4. Southern Gospel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Urban Gospel ("Black")

23.5%
  6. CCM (Christian Contemporary Music)

5.9%
  7. Christian Rock

5.9%
  8. Christian Metal (Hard / Heavy)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Rap / Hip-Hop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Blues

5.9%
  11. Classical (Instrumental)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Polka

5.9%
  13. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lonekrusader

Lonekrusader New Member

What's your favorite genre(s) of Christian music? Pick more than one if you enjoy different styles.

2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I have 2 favorites, but couldnt vote for 1 of them because it wasnt included in the poll.

Praise and Worship.

Why no praise and worship category? That is my favorite in contemporary christian music. I dont care much for CCM because they are too "pop" oriented. Most of my favorite CCM groups have never been played on CCM stations because they arent pop. Iona, Edens Bridge, Steve Bell, etc.

The other favorite of mine is bluegrass gospel, and I did vote for that one.

Mike

3. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

I knew there was something missing; I just couldn't put my finger on it! :D :rolleyes: ;)

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Maybe LoneKrusader will add (((PRAISE AND WORSHIP))) to the list??

(hint hint [​IMG] ...hint hint :D )

Mike

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I really wish that there were Christian Americana/alt.country/roots artists.

Also, my two favorite bands at the moment are the Vynyl Kings and the Wondermints. It's a shame there's no Christian music like that.

6. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I'm not suprised nobody has voted for rap/hip hop, but I am surprised nobody has voted for "Urban(black)Gospel".

As a white guy I can say that some of the most awesome music experiences I have ever experienced have been in black churches where those brothers and sisters get it going in a big way!

Man alive do they ever praise the Lord with their music! They do their music GOOD!

God bless 'em!

Mike

7. Lonekrusader

Lonekrusader New Member

Sorry I left out P&W. I am the worship leader at my church, so it wasn't an intentional missive. :( Does anybody know how to append a choice to an already-existing poll? If so, I'll gladly add it in. :D If not, maybe we can just start a new one? Good to see the variety of styles people enjoy. [​IMG] I know there are a lot more I've left out, but that just proves the point that I was hoping to make with this poll... that music is a very diverse tool for sharing the Gospel and different genres "speak" to different people. Praise on, people of God. [​IMG]

8. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

I love hymns and 70's, 80's to mid 90's CCM...everything after that is horrible. Well not everything but 99% of it. There are a handful of new/newer artist I like though.

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thrash Metal pretty much sums it up for me! [​IMG]

And Hello and Welcome by the way!