1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whats your sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rev. Lowery, Apr 4, 2007.

?

Whats your sin?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2007.
  1. Greed

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Lust

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  3. Coventing

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  4. Pride

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  5. Envy

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  6. Gluttony

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  7. Anger

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  8. Sloth

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

lol TaterTot here. bmerr. I like your honesty

#21 TaterTot, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

SBC here. It is rather impressive. Interesting thread...

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I don't know that I struggle with any one more than the others.

I stuggle with each of these everyday, and probably will until I'm called out of this wicked flesh.

4. bmerr

bmerr New Member

To All,

bmerr here. I'm glad Mr. Lowery started this thread. If nothing else, it demonstrates that all of us, regardless of doctrinal differences, deal with common problems.

It is also probably common among us to get discouraged with ourselves when we fail to deal with temptation as we should. It's good for one to recognize failure in himself. Keeps one from thinking of himself more highly than he ought.

But discouragement can be, well, discouraging, and that's not a good thing to let go on for too long. With this in mind, I want to remind those of us who have obeyed the gospel as illustrated in the NT (the rest of you can do the same) that we "...have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin (Heb 4:15).

Think about that for a minute. "Like as we are". We usually understand that Jesus faced all the temptations that we do, but I think we have the idea that He faced them once, and never had to deal with them again. But that's not how it goes with us, is it? We face the same temptations day in and day out, some with more difficulty than others.

The Bible says that Jesus was tempted in all points "like as we are", which means that He faced the same temptations that we do, every day of His life on earth, just like we do. How he must hurt with us when we fail! How ready He must be to restore us to fellowship! Since He was a man, what compassion He must have for us! What a wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord!

In Christ,

bmerr

#24 bmerr, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think one important sin is missing there.
    Do you know how serious and grievous the Idolatry is even today?
    Paul said Covetousness is Idolatry ( Col 3:6).

One Christian believer met another believer in a different race, then ignored him rather. But later on when he found the other believer was a very rich businessman with a nice educational background, then he started to change his attitude.

What he was worshipping in the inner heart was the money-god. Some people are worshipping beautiful appearance, some others the political power etc.

Idolatry is still a serious problem even today.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'm Baptist...so obviously gluttony is an issue. In fact, we had a fellowship tonight to prove that our entire congregation has gluttony issues!
    Love me some pimento cheese and fried chicken!

7. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

We have a winner !!!!!!!!!!

It appears we all seem to struggle with Lust the most if anyone would like to start out on how to overcome this issue in our daily lives please do so!

8. atestring

atestring New Member

Whatever a persons sin may be. Take it to Jesus.
    For those who are saved , if one sins they have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I checked them all except "coventing." I am sure you meant coveting, but I read it at first as conventing, and I think it would be a sin for me to disguise myself as a Catholic woman to enter a convent, and I've never thought about doing that.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh: I laughed out loud!
    One sin that wasn't mentioned that I have a big problem with is "the tongue". I am terribly bad about speaking my mind. For some reason, that gets me in trouble sometimes!
    I've never thought about entering a convent either. I don't think I could share a house with all those other women. :laugh:

11. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

I am too quick to be impatient with sales clerks, telephone operators, repair persons, who don't live up to my expectation of what should have been done, arranged, accomplished, etc. I'm particularly impatient when a perceived agreement with a plumber is later denied. I've discovered recently* that most of these events are based upon my misunderstanding of the situation rather than some deliberate attempt by the other party to be less than helpful. I'm learning to stand my ground without being insulting. God knows I couldn't fight my way out of the proverbial wet paper sack......

God, thank you for being patient. Thank you for 1 John 1:9. Forgive me when my impatience replaces "do unto others......"

*Divine Revelation

#31 DQuixote, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007