1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured when and where was Paul saved ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HisWitness, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I'll just end with this and we will have to agree to disagree: I think you are mixing up the call to salvation and the call to service. To serve effectively, we must be filled with the Spirit, however one can be saved and try and serve in his own strength and fail miserably.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was saved the day Jesus Christ died for him. (*That was the faith that saved him*) Paul was one of the sheep of the shepherd, he just did not know it until he was called on his way to Damascus to imprison and or kill followers of Jesus of Nazareth. God gave him the gift of the Holy Spirit and begin renewing his mind.

* See thread started by 12strings, "Jesus' Blood and Righteousness."

3. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I guess we are playing semantics to some extent. The main thing is that Paul made his election sure, as have I, and pray that you have as well.

Speaking of renewing the mind, we are responsible to make sure that happens thru the Holy Spirit and the word of God. I looked up the word renewing in the Greek and found out it meant renovation, the removing of the decayed part, if you will, and the addition of the new. But it's the mind that needs renovation, not a house. I try to tell my teenagers that the battle is always in the mind, not the body. By the time the body sins, the mind has already allowed it to be a possiblity.

Romans 12:2 (ESV)
    2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.