1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When Bad Christians Happen to Good People

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by ellis, Jan 21, 2002.

1. ellis

ellis New Member

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ellis, I found the introduction intriguing, though it left me a little unsure of what I would think of the book. I especially liked this line from the intro: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I possess neither a theological doctorate nor a seminary degree. But reality is that perspective can be gained in many ways. If I am swimming in the ocean and I spot a shark, I can assure you that I won’t need a marine biology degree to get my posterior out of the water.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's both funny and practical! :cool:

3. ellis

ellis New Member

The book is also exactly that--intriguing.

I'd heard about it and wanted to read it. I had to go to (shhhh.....have to whisper here lest the Baptist Doctrinal Police find out) Cokesbury Book Store to find it.

It is exactly the kind of kick in the pants we all need from time to time.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ellis, you have the right to remain silent, what you say can and will be used against you...

Perhaps you don't know I'm a Reserve Officer. :D