1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured when did God put all names in the lambs Book of Life?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Mar 14, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is no time in eternity, therefore there is no "when."

2. ryarn

ryarn Member
    Site Supporter

sorry i made a mistake

#22 ryarn, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Christ has bought back his creation that was lost in adam and is calling them unto himself--If Christ be lifted up then he will draw ALL MEN unto himself--some in the new testament day--some in our day--some in our future day--and at the close of all things--ALL MEN will be drawn unto Christ :godisgood::godisgood::godisgood:

4. awaken

awaken Active Member

God knew that someone would accept it, didn't He?

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

Why would he give us a choice? Because he does not want robots loving him!

6. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Umm, you didn't answer my question. I didn't ask about foreknowledge but since you brought it up.

Now the word "foreknowledge" as it is used in the New Testament is less ambiguous than in its simple form "to know." If every passage in which it occurs is carefully studied, it will be discovered that it is a moot point whether it ever has reference to the mere perception of events which are yet to take place. The fact is that "foreknowledge" is never used in Scripture in connection with events or actions; instead, it always has reference to persons. It is persons God is said to "foreknow," not the actions of those persons. In proof of this we shall now quote each passage where this expression is found.

The first occurrence is in Acts 2:23. There we read, "Him being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain." If careful attention is paid to the wording of this verse it will be seen that the apostle was not there speaking of God’s foreknowledge of the act of the crucifixion, but of the Person crucified: "Him (Christ) being delivered by," etc.

The second occurrence is in Romans 8;29,30. "For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image, of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called," etc. Weigh well the pronoun that is used here. It is not what He did foreknow, but whom He did. It is not the surrendering of their wills nor the believing of their hearts but the persons themselves, which is here in view.

"God hath not cast away His people which He foreknew" (Rom. 11:2). Once more the plain reference is to persons, and to persons only.

The last mention is in 1 Peter 1:2: "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father." Who are elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father? The previous verse tells us: the reference is to the "strangers scattered" i.e. the Diaspora, the Dispersion, the believing Jews. Thus, here too the reference is to persons, and not to their foreseen acts.

Now in view of these passages (and there are no more) what scriptural ground is there for anyone saying God "foreknew" the acts of certain ones, viz., their "repenting and believing," and that because of those acts He elected them unto salvation? The answer is, None whatever. Scripture never speaks of repentance and faith as being foreseen or foreknown by God. Truly, He did know from all eternity that certain ones would repent and believe, yet this is not what Scripture refers to as the object of God’s "foreknowledge." The word uniformly refers to God’s foreknowing persons; then let us "hold fast the form of sound words" (2 Tim. 1:13).

- A.W. Pink The Attributes of God (4) The Foreknowledge of God

7. Thousand Hills

:sleep::sleep: can't believe this thread made it to three pages before this one was thrown out. :smilewinkgrin:

#27 Thousand Hills, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree. I just commented in another thread, one could start a thread about Dairy Queen, and someone would drag Calvinism into the thread, probably arguing the flavors of the ice cream were decided in eternity past.

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm wondering if we'd be having this discussion if "Lamb's Book of Life" referred to something other than a book containing all the names of the saved, or the elect. The scripture is not at all clear on that question.

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well, I guess I did not realize where this thread was going! Because I try to stay away from the debates about predestination and the such!

I know I am a child of God! I know God has called me to spread the good news! He even leads me to certain people or places to share. I do believe He knows all past, present and future! But I have the choice to obey him or not!

Now, I will leave this thread to the ones that want to debate whether God loves all and desires for all to be saved or not!

11. Thousand Hills

http://www.reformed.org/calvinism/trf/index.html?mainframe=/calvinism/trf/part_4.html

12. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

God has the end result. Those who are His are all ready in heaven with God in which we can't comprehend we are just living out what has already happen.

That does not take away people being included in time and those being cut out in time as the Scripture says in the scripture that is already presented in my other post. The end result of the work of God does not change. It still does not take away God wanting to gather Israel like a hen gathers her chicks but they not God wasn't willing nor the desire of God for them come to the knowledge of the truth or not desiring any to die but rather they repent and live.

God has the end result and those who perish isn't because of God, He desires no one to die but rather them to repent and live.

God will get what He desires that His Son and those in Him, those who repent turn to God through Jesus Christ will be saved and no one will pluck them out of His hands. If you are not there by becoming born again by His word the new creation in Christ you can't be plucked from something you wasn't apart of.

#32 psalms109:31, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013