1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did it all go wrong?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Matt Black, Aug 18, 2010.

?
  1. Apostles dying

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 4th century

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Fall of the Western Roman Empire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Great Schism

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Council of Trent

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Vatican II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Another date

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How about: My interpretation of Scripture is the only one that is Plain and Clear thus correct because I am in reality the Pope (although I would never use that word, tainted as it is with...um...Popish connotations) with sole authority to interpret the Bible and understand the Mind of God and how dare that little German man pretend that he's got the hotline to God, God always agrees with me and the rest of you who have the temerity to disagree with me are all actual or closet Romanists who pervert the Scriptures and the truth of the Gospel and are wronger than a wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time, because I say so and I'm always right....blah blah blah...Whore of Babylon....blah blah blah...woman rides the Beast...blah blah blah...

That do?

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

You folks are so good at the impersonations, I am unsure as to who is who. :thumbs:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post Script : When a Christian needs to ensure outcomes, you know they are outside the realm of faith.:jesus:

4. Matt Black

Site Supporter

And when God conveniently hates the same people you do, you have successfully molded Him in your own image...

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That was truelly wonderful! However, I doubt as much afore thought and reasonableness would have been included as you have clearly shown here.

6. quantumfaith

Such a profound truth!!!!

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the marginalization of others, the scape goating that alarms me. You see the demonetization of others as a way of validating their own fragile identity's. Only an entrance into Christ's great love, compassion & forgiveness can free any of us of our need to divide our lives into the good guys & the bad guys. Or as He puts it, "be children of your Father in heaven, for he causes his sun to rise on the bad as well as the good, and sends rain to fall on the upright and the wicked alike" ( Matt 5:45).

8. quantumfaith

:thumbs::thumbs:

9. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

None of the above! The true churches of Jesus Christ just continued into the second century in spite of inroads of Gnostic apostasy making in roads into many. The true churches of Christ continued into the third century in spite of increasing number being infected with worldliness, paganism, gnosticism. The true churches of Christ continued into the fourth century in spite of being portrayed as "heretical" by the growing number of worldly paganistic influenced churches. The true churches of Christ continued into the fifth century in spite of worldly paganized churches becoming the state church of Rome and using secular power to persecute them, branding them as heretical and killing them througout the dark ages. The true chruches of Christ continued into the Reformation when both Reformed Catholics and Roman Catholics jointly condemned them as "heretics" and persecuted and killed them. The true churches of Christ continued on into under various vicious epitaphs when separatists and purtians joined in persecuting them in England and in America.

The true churches of Christ have always been known by their essential doctrine and practice that is counter contrast to Rome in spite of the variety of smear terms attributed to them by Rome and Reformed Rome.

10. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I put in "other" rather than the Vatican 2 which is more recent. The barque of the Roman Catholic Church has always been buffeted by ills greater and lesser.

However, come what may, the RCC will stand until the coming of the Lord in Triumph as He has assured us that Hell will not prevail against her.

This is by a Mick who believes that Vatican 2 was a great disaster.:flower:

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hell is always prevailing against her "RCC" evidence the Pedophilia Priest Evil ..... however I'm more concerned with what is in front of me so please explain what you mean by "Mick" Im seeing it as a racial slight, is it?

#71 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When did what go wrong?
    And what do you mean by "wrong"?

If you mean the so-called "visible church" being infiltrated by the devil it's called the Mystery of Iniquity which began while the apostles were still here:

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

BTW, no pope to date has ever denied that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh.

The RCC doctrine of the humanity-deity of Jesus Christ called the Hypostatic Union are shared by Baptist and Catholic theologians and are virtually identical.

Therefore IMO, the pope is not the antichrist (unless he ex cathedra renounces either the humanity or deity of Jesus Christ destroying the official dogma of the Hypostatic Union).

The RCC will probably be involved as well as the apostate Protestant churches, but a doctrinal overhaul stripping Christ of His glory must first happen.

The Harlot of Babylon represents the ruling entity of the last days, a conglomerate of religion, politics and culture that has been brewing from the beginning.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.​

In Revelation 17:16 the woman is destroyed by the rulling body (ten horns of the beast).

This started early on in the church and Christ gave a series of parables in Matthew 13 which spoke of the "Mysteries" of the kingdom, the infiltration and satanic influence over and in the visible maifestation of the Kingdom of God on earth somtimes called the "visible" church which is presently a "mixed mulititude" of wheat and tares.

It was/is slow, by stealth and deception, so it is impossible to put a date on it as John in his first epistle says it had already begun.

And as certainly as it began it will end:

Matthew 13
    36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
    37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
    38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
    39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
    40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
    41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
    42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.​

HankD​

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darn....I was convinced it was Bush II. :saint:

14. Matt Black

Site Supporter

The luck of the Irish? Only the objects of potential racially-abusive terms are allowed to use them eg: black people using the 'N'-word.

15. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Denying the dual nature is not the only characteristics of the spirit of antichrist.

1 Jn. 2:18 ¶ Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
    19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

The spirit of Antichrist is manifested in turning against Christ - apostasy (1 Tim. 4:1-5) from the faith. The prefix "anti" can also mean taking the place of or in the stead of or in opposition to - Vicar of Christ.

The kingdom of God is not the church. That is the same mistake Augustine made in his debate with the Donatists and Luther made in his discussion with the Anabaptists. The kingdom is a pre-New Testament reality but the church has its foundation with the apostles (I Cor. 12:28; Eph. 2:20).

The local church is a visible manifestation of the God's kingdom at work with His laws at work and as such the keys of the kingdom are given to the church (Mt. 18:17-18).

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.... not in polite society

17. quantumfaith

:thumbs::thumbs:

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, quite true, instead of using the phraseology "so-called" visible church the term "professing Christendom" would have been better.

HankD

19. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google Simon Magus

20. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you like.....Cathlicks have been called Roamin Micks ...it is hardly racial as Catholics are of all colours and nations. If I don't find it offensive (being one) why should you? Bigotry is far worse to my mind.

Tarring all priests as pedophiles is offensive, there are by far more holy and good men as priests.