1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When Did the Church Begin?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tom Butler, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the general assembly and church - written? Have all the called out of unto, an assembly, been called out at the present to assemble?

Would it be fair to state that those water baptized are the flesh and blood, corruptible, the church, who are given the Spirit by which she, the church, can be quickened, that is, born again as spiritual flesh and bone, incorruptible, to inherit the kingdom of God?

Thus; The gates of Hades shall not prevail against her.
    O death, where thy sting? O Hades where thy victory?

Is the above scriptural or not?

If not please expound upon.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does scripture back up my statement of Jesus of Nazareth as the corner stone being he was, put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:?

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; Eph 2:20

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Acts 4:10,11

that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Acts 2:36

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Acts 2:32,33

And because of that having taken place:

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

I will build my church. oikodomhsw vi Fut Act 1 Sg

Not I will add to.

How is the church being built?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.