1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When Does Life Begin?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Very true. I also believe that a lot of the hormones that we put in our foods also impacts whether or not a woman's uterus is accepting of fertilized egg.

And as you mentioned the medications Ann, I can't tell you the number of women that I know who have had a hard time getting pregnant after years and years of taking birth control pills.

Our body chemistries are well balanced by God. Once we start ingesting foods filled with hormones, etc, or taking pills with hormones in them(i.e BC pills) it throws our natural balance off.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What gets me - and I'm going to get personal here - is that my hormones are already off balance. I have insulin resistance and make too much insulin which messes up with other hormones and causes my ovaries to produce cysts instead of eggs. What's the answer to this problem? The first course of action is … birth control pills. It does NOTHING for the issues but covers them up. I'm fortunate that my doctor listened to me and my request to try a different medication (metformin - a diabetic medication) and that has been the answer to my issues. Hormones are normal and I have now decreased my risk of heart disease, ovarian cancer and uterine cancer by a ton!! I hate that the pill seems to always be the first course of treatment.

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have been reading a fascinating book on the life and times of Dr. Mutter who was a pioneering American surgeon from Philadelphia in the 19 th century. One chapter is about a young woman and her horrible and deadly experience of abortion . At the time, it was a belief that a woman was pregnant when there was the " quickening", that is when she first felt the movement of the baby in utero. Do you think there are people who hold to this old fashioned idea, that beforehand you just have a bunch of cells floating about so to speak?

Zaac, I think you are being a bit too simplistic about God balancing the body chemistry perfectly. I certainly do not wish to become embroiled in a theological debate as I am not learned in that arena, but having read "Dr. Mutter's Marvels", I cannot be other than horrified at the appalling miseries human beings dealt with in bygone centuries...the repulsive necrosing ulcers and cancers, the traumatic injuries and the awful agonies of congenital malformations...which drove the desire to relieve human suffering in medicine and surgery.

#63 Melanie, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is one who has been on this board who does not feel a child is a person until they take their first breath when born.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Annsni.....oh dear!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep that would be crabby, he also believes that Planned Parenthood is a good organization that needs to be supported by our government. Then tries to claim he does not support abortion.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Actually, it wasn't crabby. I didn't realize he believed the same as well. :(